Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh my god I order 3500 sleeves from fantasy flight, the one with the blue back (cause some of my cards stated to be a bit worn...) and then
my game it just DOUBLED in space taken...

I never sleeved a game before... how you solve this

was kind of sleeves you use ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using FFGs silver sleeves. Yes, it's more space with the sleeves, but I feel this game needs it. They aren't really high quality and they'll show fingerprints and wear fast otherwise. I own the base set, Dark City, Paint, and Secret Wars I and it all fits sleeved in the base box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmb
Premium sleeves are thicker than penny sleeves, too, so FFG sleeves will add to size and weight quite a lot.

I use penny sleeves and keep my cards in three different boxes (base set & two big expansion boxes). I don't even have Secret Wars 2, Capt. America, or Deadpool, to say nothing of Villains. If I used FFG, I'm sure I'd be into an additional big expansion box.

You have to get used to larger storage when you sleeve. You don't look for 'storage solutions' so much as you look for 'storage compromises.'

Good luck with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Arcan Tinmen sleeves.

Each time I sleeve a deck-building (or a game with cards as one of the main components I have to figure something out.

Regarding Legendary, I have the broken token insert on the base game box and it currently hold the base game, Villains and Paint the town red.

I will later buy the Villains insert to hold my new/next expansions and when it is full too, I will figure out with my bix boxes and the different insert available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:
oh my god I order 3500 sleeves from fantasy flight, the one with the blue back (cause some of my cards stated to be a bit worn...) and then

You can't. Sleeved cards always take more space than unsleeved. You can use thinner sleeves, but then the sleeves won't last as long. Use multiple boxes.

zerg wrote:

Those are the sleeves I use, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Penny Sleeves and multiple boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:

Welcome to Legendary! If you search around you will find threads dedicated to storage and sleeving solutions. I use Ultra Pro sleeves and have the base game and every expansion in one large ammo box. Villains/Fear never gets played so they just hang out together in the Villains box gathering dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I use the black bordered Ultra Pro sleeves, since you can bulk order them for a good price break. Sleeved cards fit just fine in the slots from the big box spots for them and Ultra Pro seems to be pretty durable. You can bulk order Ultra Pro stuff from Potamic (or is it Potamac?) Distribution. And if you suddenly need more sleeves, probably any gaming store will carry the black bordered sleeves. Maybe there's a better sleeve out there, but I don't know about it and these work fine and have a bulk discount.

For boxes I use all the boxes for the big box expansions except for Civil War, and I have them all the expansions but Deadpool. The first three big box expansions hold my Hero/Ally cards, the Villains box holds the bad guys (Masterminds, Villains/Adversaries and Henchmen) and the original set holds the other stuff, like schemes, starting Allies and so on.

It can be a little frustrating to keep the Hero cards in multiple boxes (and I'm sure it would annoy people who "need" to have the Hero cards in a certain order), but keep a few things in mind. A box that would hold all those cards would be big in dimensions and also be very heavy, to the point where it would take some really high quality plastic or even steel, and that would be a really expensive box. A couple months ago someone pointed out that no matter how big an "official" box for all the cards would be, at some point it would run out of room unless the game stopped getting expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.