Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game but feel it overstays its welcome in 2 player. It seems that taking a couple of monsters out of each pile would make the game a bit better. I am thinking perhaps stop dealing out level 1s when 5 are remaining and stop dealing out level 2s when 5 are remaining. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had to play a 2-player game, but I have the same feeling that it'll be the same when I do try it.

What I'll probably do is alter setup slightly so that I only deal 3 level 2 monsters and 4 level 1 monsters (instead of the normal 5 and 6, respectively) to each pile. That way there's still a gradual shift from level 1's to level 2's, and you'll get somewhere around the same average number of turns before they show up (less monsters but less people taking those monsters as well) as you would in a 4-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raine Hutchens
United States
Scurry
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this last night, I totally agree that the setup for 2-player games needs to change. We spent nearly an hour and a half getting through the game.

I think Sethala's idea is the way to do it. I'm going to try it out and then report back how the game goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.