Hide
3 Posts

Trickerion: Legends of Illusion» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Magician Powers Combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D
msg tools
What a set of combos! We had a game last week that I just got stomped because of this pair.

Unbound Mind: You may ignore Slot restrictions when learning Magician Powers.
Fame Threshold: 1
Slot:1

Path of Greatness: You may ignore the [fame requirement] when you learn Magician Powers.
Slots: 1, 2

So in round 3, you can have level 36 powers coming into play!

Another combo that came out was Hired Cutpurses/Energy Potions/Philanthropist

Hired Cutpurses
: Whenever an opponent places a [character] on the +2 [AP] Slot at the Dark Alley, Market Row or Downtown, they have to pay you 1 [coin].

Philanthropist
: If you have the most [coins] afterthe 'Pay Wages' phase, you receive [fame] equal to the number of players.
Fame Threshold: 16
Slots: 2, 3

Energy Potions
: The +0 [AP] Slots in the Downtown, Market Row and Dark Alley count as +2 [AP] Slots for you. The +0 [AP] Slots in the Workshop count as +1 [AP] Slots for you.
Fame Threshold: 36
Slots: 3, 4

That said, what other Magician Powers combos have you found that just gel like these? Do you think that these highly powered combos make playing with Magician Powers to "swingy" or lopsided?

In your opinion: Do you think Trickerion plays better with or without the Magician Powers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
electricalstorm wrote:
Unbound Mind: You may ignore Slot restrictions when learning Magician Powers.
Slot:1

Path of Greatness: You may ignore the [fame requirement] when you learn Magician Powers.

This isn't as good as it sounds. Just using Unbound Mind is better than pairing it with Path of Greatness, because most level 36 powers can be used on slot either slot 3 or 4 anyway, so you're just blocking slot 2 for no good reason when you could have a level 16 power there instead.

Also, my wife tends to get Unbound Mind quite often, and I always feel like it's my doom, but then I always win anyway…

The Hired Cutpurses/Energy Potions/Philanthropist combo sounds really nice

I think the game is better with the powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it with Powers yet, but I do feel it will play better with powers.

More variables. More difference between plays. More strategy thinking. At the bottom of it all, I love when the game gives you lots of options, and this is what Magician Powers offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.