$15.00
$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but its the dail fail so take with a little pinch of salt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3985150/Is-wr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting article, if true I'm not surprised the only one to cover it is the fail. I could prove that there was a preacher name Jesus. I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. The case for divinity on the other hand...

If you knit a sweater made of inferences and unverifiable assertions, one little tug and the sweater unravels.

It could also be fake. I'd like to see it looked at seriously. Dr. Sargent Schultz from the Family Research counsel doesn't count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another point in favor of the Hebrew god.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

George Brinton wrote:
Another point in favor of the Hebrew god.

Uhhh, no, quite the opposite: The Jews didn't believe in depicting the unseen, metaphysical God in anthropomorphic terms. And yet, this artifact sets forth that Jesus expected to see "the face of God" in the Jewish temple. There's only one way that the version of God that Christ expected to see in the temple would have had a face in the first place: If the image of the face in question had been of a flesh-and-blood being. As to the exact means that Christ would have viewed that face, that suggests something else altogether.

And that would make sense if Jesus Christ Himself had been the result of the project of a latter-day Annunaki/Nefilim project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how you interpret "seen".

horaó: to see, perceive, attend to
Original Word: ὁράω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: horaó
Phonetic Spelling: (hor-ah'-o)
Short Definition: I see, look upon, experience
Definition: I see, look upon, experience, perceive, discern, beware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anthropomorphic metaphors about G-d are used throughout Torah, including Moshe Rebeinu asking to see the face of G-d.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

It could also be fake. I'd like to see it looked at seriously. Dr. Sargent Schultz from the Family Research counsel doesn't count.

I would think you'd want Schultz to look at it. Because you know he'd see nothink!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

George Brinton wrote:
Depends on how you interpret "seen".

horaó: to see, perceive, attend to
Original Word: ὁράω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: horaó
Phonetic Spelling: (hor-ah'-o)
Short Definition: I see, look upon, experience
Definition: I see, look upon, experience, perceive, discern, beware.

A metaphysical all-powerful supreme being should not require any material-world interface in which to be seen or through which to communicate.

It would also be presumptuous to infer that such an all-powerful supreme building would manifest Itself/Himself/Herself in recognizably humanoid form anyway.

For these reasons, I would infer by the material-world means of contact required by that the being in question was flesh and blood that He/She was most likely an Annunaki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

whac3 wrote:
Anthropomorphic metaphors about G-d are used throughout Torah, including Moshe Rebeinu asking to see the face of G-d.

Point of Information: A spoken or written metaphor is NOT a physical representation (like a painting, mosaic, inscription, glyph, or statue) of the metaphysical supreme being you refer to as G-d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Precisely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I would think you'd want Schultz to look at it. Because you know he'd see nothink!!!!

Oh I'm sure he wouldn't see nothink' he didn't want to see. If he saw somethink' he didn't want to see then it surely means nothink'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.