Subject: More errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In p. 73 of the Scenarios Book there is a reference to the German V37 class DD, but i can't find anything in the Data book. The same is true in p. 88, for german TB S58 and T 120 classes, and for Russian Demosfen ML. After checking the official errata, here are some new ships, but nothing about this. And i suspect colud have more ships missing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick McKown
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hola Miquel,

In a incomplete survey of FG&DN scenarios compared to the Data Annex I found a couple British classes (Macedonia AMC and Parker Class DL) that are listed in FG&DN scenarios but do not appear in the Data Annex; there may be a few others among the smaller types.

There are no official errata on your points that I've seen, but the entry on pg 73 is historically incorrect: there was no "V37 Class" - the four DD's listed there (V44-V47) were of the "V43 Class" (Data Annex, pg A-22). German destroyers and torpedo boats were basically numbered; the letter prefix ("V", "G", "S", etc) simply identifies the builder ("V" = "AG Vulcan"), except that "T" has a different meaning (see below).

Re pg 88: T58, T60, T63, T65 & T66 were the former S58, S60, S63, & S65 of the 1892-vintage "S58 Class" and the former S66 of the 1893-vintage one-ship "S66 Class", all renamed ("T" series) in September 1914 when converted to minesweepers (Navypedia reports that S58/T58 was sunk in August 1915 so could not appear in a 1917 scenario); although the "S58 Class" does not appear in the FG&DN Data Annex, the slightly larger "S66" does have an entry (pg A-26), although according to Navypedia all had their TT removed when they were converted to MS in 1914 (contrary to the "S66" entry). T130 & T131 were the former S130 & S131 of the "S126 Class" (pg A-25), and T132 & T133 were the former G132 & G133 of the "G132 Class" (pg A-25).

The Russian minelayer Pripyat (converted tug Demosfen) is indeed missing completely from the FG&DN Data Annex and although mentioned in Navypedia there is no data there either. Best bet is to use the data for the Bureya Class ML.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.