Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Stiefel
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Hive Pocket $14.96
2 years and 1 day ago it was $14.75 lightning deal. Not that that helps anyone now. Good price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pillbug Expansion for it is almost as expensive, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Healex
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
If only it was the regular version, then I'd finally have a use for all these expansion pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at picking up Hive Carbon, hadn't heard of Hive Pocket until this. Can anybody tell me why I'd want one edition over the other? Other than price - are the pieces a lot smaller in the pocket edition or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJAirshark wrote:
I was looking at picking up Hive Carbon, hadn't heard of Hive Pocket until this. Can anybody tell me why I'd want one edition over the other? Other than price - are the pieces a lot smaller in the pocket edition or something?

Not sure why anyone would buy anything but pocket edition. It takes up less room and is cheaper. Yes the tiles are just smaller. They are still sizable though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankNBeans13 wrote:
SJAirshark wrote:

Not sure why anyone would buy anything but pocket edition. It takes up less room and is cheaper. Yes the tiles are just smaller. They are still sizable though.

Thanks for the info. Would you say the Pillbug Expansion is a good buy initially (~ $11.50), or is it just something to save for later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SJAirshark wrote:

Here is a size comparison: http://gen42.com/hive-pocket#ixzz1xEptDtkJ

The the pieces in the regular version seem unnecessarily large/bulky to me. That is just my opinion though. I was on the fence about getting this game, but at this price I just went ahead a bought it. I do like the color scheme of the carbon version better. Pocket Carbon Hive would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
SJAirshark wrote:

Here is a size comparison: http://gen42.com/hive-pocket#ixzz1xEptDtkJ

The the pieces in the regular version seem unnecessarily large/bulky to me. That is just my opinion though. I was on the fence about getting this game, but at this price I just went ahead a bought it. I do like the color scheme of the carbon version better. Pocket Carbon Hive would be great.

OK, I'm convinced. I've gone ahead and ordered it. I too would have preferred a pocket Carbon version, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew L
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for this price-range to come back; thank you OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.