Joe Keller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

If a cavalry attacks an infantry and plays a Cavalry Leader card, and the infantry then plays a First Strike card and rolls a retreat, so that the cavalry does not get to attack, does the player take the Cavalry Leader card back into his hand as unplayed, or is it discarded?

When a Light Infantry Skirmish card is played, does that infantry unit immediately move up to 3, battle, and move back, before any other unit battles, or does it move when all the others move, battle when all the others battle, and move back after all other battle is completed?

thanks,

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
If a cavalry attacks an infantry and plays a Cavalry Leader card, and the infantry then plays a First Strike card and rolls a retreat, so that the cavalry does not get to attack, does the player take the Cavalry Leader card back into his hand as unplayed, or is it discarded

Any played card, which can be used, indifferent of the reason, are lost.
This can not only happen with a Tactician Card, it can also happen with Command Cards, example:
Elan or Rally card is played and only saber symbols are rolled.

Quote:
When a Light Infantry Skirmish card is played, does that infantry unit immediately move up to 3, battle, and move back, before any other unit battles, or does it move when all the others move, battle when all the others battle, and move back after all other battle is completed?

to much FAQ in meantime...
Move all, battle all (also other units), but if the Light Infantry has battled, it must move immediately and cant await other battles.
But you may use/battle with the Light Infantry at last of all ordered units,
to control the result a little ;)

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/the-game/main/t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Keller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

So could you play the Light Infantry Skirmish card after some have battled, and then move/battle/move with it?

Thanks,

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
No, the general "turn phases" must still observed.

Movement Phase: You move ALL ordered units, also the Light unit with TC.
So the TC must played here to the corresponding Light Unit, because it allows also a 3hex move here.
And the opponent must know in this phase, which Light unit (if more are ordered) get the TC.
(otherwise we would get situations, which i only know from Warhammer players whistle )

And after all movements, the next turn phase starts:
Battle phase: Here all units battles, also the Light Infantry with the TC card,
but you may decide the order of battle.
But when the Light Infantry has battled, you must it move immediately again (if you want) or it must stay for the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Keller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael

I think I still have BattleCry stuck in my head, in which the card is a Command Card,and a separate action.

You have clarified it well.

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.