Popular Tags: [View All]
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Development on this project is completed. However, due to some uncontrollable delays, production and shipment will not be possible as estimated. Due to these delays, we anticipate having it printed and available to be shipped in March 2017, and no later than April 2017.

Note that it says 'development' is complete.
"some"
"uncontrollable"
"delays"

Thanks for the crystal clear communication, again, Queen.

Quote:
This production delay and expected shipment applies to Kingdom Builder Harvest, Escape Zombie City Big Box/Escape 2nd Edition Big Box, World Monuments USA Expansion and Kingdom Builder Queenie #3 (The Island). A delay on these projects isn’t preferable for anyone, including us at Queen Games, but it is unavoidable. We will get them ready and shipped as quickly as possible, while still endeavoring to maintain the high quality expected in our games.

So something happened (sounds like manufacturing) to not only the game I have been waiting on, but a few others too.

Quote:
For those of you who have emailed us, please understand we are definitely not ignoring ANY emails. As previously mentioned, we are working through a backlog of email as quickly as possible and then dealing with the issues from each email as best and fast as we can. We know that some of the emails were sent some time ago and they will get a response and resolution. That includes missing or broken parts, games not received, damaged shipments and any other issues.

Here's the thing Queen, if you get an email or facebook or kickstarter message and DON'T RESPOND, that is actually what ignoring is.

Quote:
Thanks for your time and patience.
Queen Games

Thanks for making sure I never back another of your KS for the rest of my days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... my bet is some copies to stores in April, and we backers get them around May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really not worth it to Kickstart Queen games. Just pick them up later at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
So... my bet is some copies to stores in April, and we backers get them around May.

I was guessing June, but fingers crossed for May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
It's really not worth it to Kickstart Queen games. Just pick them up later at retail.

That was my plan, but then they had empty big boxes with Marshlands. My OCD side wants to keep everything in one box so I backed it. Once it was complete, Harvest started with a new bigger box. With much frustration, I backed Harvest and opted to get Marshlands sent with it. If it weren't for the big and bigger boxes, I never would have backed these projects. Suckered again.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle M
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What gets me is their lack of communication. Then all of a sudden, as if by magic, at the end of the month when we were to expect delivery, they finally decided to let us know it's might be another 5 months,(probably 6+ based on their ethics so far). yuk I won't be backing another one of their games on KS. I don't own Kingdom Builder so I bought the whole package ($170). Yep. I'm extremely disappointed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Marzzacco
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am i the only one who thinks queen games is running a Ponzi Scheme? Without fail every kickstarter they launch is always delayed atleast 6 months to a year and i can't help but think they are using the money from their next kickstarter to pay for the previous becuase they are so bad at managing their company. It saddens me too because they have so many good titles in their portfolio, Shogun, Wallenstein, Lancaster, Alhambra, Kingdom Builder, Escape the curse of the temple, these are all great titles and they make it so hard to get them. Also the kickstarters never have stretch goals for the most part and cost much more than what i will pay at cool stuff. They give me no reason to even back their projects. They show absolutely no respect for their backers and loyal fans and it baffles my mind that after what (30 projects?) they still have the same issues with every campaign. I could be wrong here but didn't Queen get absorbed into Asmodee? If so why is Asmodee letting Queen destroy their reputation in the gaming industry? Queen frustrates me so much that i legit get angry every time i see them launch a new campaign because i dont want to see anyone else fall for their tricks and deceptions. I think i went off on a rant here but man i can't stand queen games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not really a Ponzi scheme. It's just getting payment ahead of time. There's essentially no reason that people keep throwing money at them, but so long as they do I'm sure Queen will keep popping out campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmarzzac wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks queen games is running a Ponzi Scheme? Without fail every kickstarter they launch is always delayed atleast 6 months to a year and i can't help but think they are using the money from their next kickstarter to pay for the previous becuase they are so bad at managing their company. It saddens me too because they have so many good titles in their portfolio, Shogun, Wallenstein, Lancaster, Alhambra, Kingdom Builder, Escape the curse of the temple, these are all great titles and they make it so hard to get them. Also the kickstarters never have stretch goals for the most part and cost much more than what i will pay at cool stuff. They give me no reason to even back their projects. They show absolutely no respect for their backers and loyal fans and it baffles my mind that after what (30 projects?) they still have the same issues with every campaign. I could be wrong here but didn't Queen get absorbed into Asmodee? If so why is Asmodee letting Queen destroy their reputation in the gaming industry? Queen frustrates me so much that i legit get angry every time i see them launch a new campaign because i dont want to see anyone else fall for their tricks and deceptions. I think i went off on a rant here but man i can't stand queen games.

I'm with you. I can't believe they are still able to do Kickstarters and operate the way they do. Not to mention all the drama last year when it came out that they put Marshlands up on Kickstarter prior to paying Donald X. Vaccarino (sorry if I have those details messed up, I'm going off my memory).

Hopefully enough people have realized that they shouldn't support Queen kickstarters, which will in turn hopefully get Queen to turn things around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's true that there was drama, there were also hundreds of backers pledging thousands of dollars to fund a game that couldn't be done. They didn't know and/or care that DXV was not only unpaid, but unwilling to allow the game to be legally produced at that time.

It seems that there are more than enough loyal Queen backers to keep sending them interest-free loans for Kickstarter after Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
It seems that there are more than enough loyal Queen backers to keep sending them interest-free loans for Kickstarter after Kickstarter.

FTFY. There certainly seem to be enough backers for them to keep using it. I was one of those backers, but I'm done with Queen Kickstarter projects.

Even though I don't think they've done anything crooked or dishonest, they have treated me badly. They allowed me to pay for a game well in advance of publication, and pay much more than I would have, and get it well after it's available on shelves. They are certainly allowed to do that, and I'm certainly allowed to avoid them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
My guess is that they found they were falling short of the number of units they would need to cover anticipated holiday sales, and redirected units accordingly.

Ethics aside, this is the correct business decision to make: missed holiday sales are permanently lost revenue, while delayed KS fulfillment risks that some fraction may request refunds (you already have these dollars, not everyone will request a refund, and refunds can be processed on a schedule that works with their other business needs).

That said, this can also be a sign that the business is in poor financial health (i.e., that they are chasing new revenue instead of fulfilling existing obligation out of desperation). Their KS obligations can be thought of rather directly as accounts payable: they have a debt of product rather than capital, though the same principles largely apply.

All in all, when I backed their recent Kingdom Builder KSes it was after research showing that there was a significant risk that they'd do this, as they'd "gotten away with it" before. Therefore, sound reason or no, I'd none the less join the chorus that advises not to participate in Queen Games Kickstarters given their history and the superior option of using traditional retail to acquire their products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar 10101
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
ErsatzDragon wrote:
Therefore, sound reason or no, I'd none the less join the chorus that advises not to participate in Queen Games Kickstarters given their history and the superior option of using traditional retail to acquire their products.

Right, or even better then traditional retail, the Essen retail (if you go or happen to know someone who goes to Essen).

Kickstarter Marshlands (at 30 USD) finally landed at my door the first week of October, only a few days before the game fair in Essen. Then at that fair found Queens had it available at their stand for just 15€ (which is roughly 16 USD).

So both timing and price don't really motivate to support their future kick-starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
oskar101 wrote:
Then at that fair found Queens had it available at their stand for just 15€ (which is roughly 16 USD).

Are you sure? Which day? When I looked on Friday they sold it for 25 €, which I found too expensive to buy it given what Nomads and Crossroads usually cost (at least as buying it in Essen also would have meant that I would have had to carry it around there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar 10101
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
Yes, I was there on thursday and that day it had a label that said from 25 for 15 euro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Creve Coeur
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blucky wrote:
tumorous wrote:

That was my plan, but then they had empty big boxes with Marshlands. My OCD side wants to keep everything in one box so I backed it. Once it was complete, Harvest started with a new bigger box. With much frustration, I backed Harvest and opted to get Marshlands sent with it. If it weren't for the big and bigger boxes, I never would have backed these projects. Suckered again.

shake

this is my situation as well. I was hesitant to back, but I like the game, and the opportunity to get a 'big box' for everything was enough for me to pull the trigger. "Surely", I thought, "they have improved". Nope ...

I was in the same boat with the Alien Frontiers Big Box, didn't want to back, but wanted an 'everything in one package' box - while inexcusably late, that arrived Dec 24th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.