Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Oddo
United States
New Windsor
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

All in all, missing tokens (one bag burst open), all expansion packs are there, bags for metal figures are intact. Footlocker took brunt of damage, no split corners but part of Footlocker box bowed in and impact damage at corners. Box could have been packaged better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
mbmbmbmbmb
And when you properly contacted them privately about this before posting publicly, what did they say about fixing the issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW, that’s shocking. I do hope that when mine comes to the UK it’s all OK. But Tony from what I have been reading the guys & girls at DVG have been nothing but brilliant. Still that packaging is a shocker!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this a courier company or postal service?

It looks to have been used as a football! angry

It might be useful to raise this with the courier/postal complaints section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
New Windsor
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The carrier was UPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bosk wrote:
The carrier was UPS.

With the shipping details - there is robust tracking - I don't know what UPS complaints process is - but there may be redress there as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Healey
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree, that this package seems to be rather roughly handled, but that is nothing unusual.

For us waiting in Australia, if ours is packaged like those pictured here we are absolutely NO CHANCE of it getting to our doors without damage. They will be handled by multiple companies and god knows how many people, and although I will admit that the courier/postal companies may be partially to blame, DVG need to take ultimate responsibility for taking all care with their packaging.

To throw something that expensive into a box with no protection at all is pretty inexcusable in my opinion, especially from such an experienced retailer. I am a stickler for keeping all my games in excellent condition and will be extremely upset if it is damaged through lack of packaging.

But, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now, and will contact them directly if I have any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPS is one of the worse handlers of packages. FedEx and the USPS do a much better job. I swear that the workers at UPS kick packages around at lunchtime like footballs or soccer balls. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
UPS is one of the worse handlers of packages. FedEx and the USPS do a much better job. I swear that the workers at UPS kick packages around at lunchtime like footballs or soccer balls. lol

In the pictures - that looks a lot like a boot mark - either from being kicked or stood on.. angry

Top picture looks like a heel indent. angryangryangry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
New Windsor
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: One day reply.

DVG will replace damaged and missing pieces.

DVG has yet to let me down!

RECEIVED REPLACEMENTS YESTERDAY (12/7) ALL IS WELL!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.