Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are accused,  Apparently I am a Dominionist. is now available.

It was made upon a request by GameCrossing, who must therefore be a Dominionist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

edbolme wrote:

It was made upon a request by GameCrossing, who must therefore be a Dominionist.

Your design is way off base. The number "7" only works if there's a mountain in the background (i.e. Seven Mountains Dominionism).

Instead of using the the United States map in the red, white, and blue of our national flag, you should instead be using the Christian flag as its backdrop to symbolize Christian Supremacy (which is not at all the same thing as Dominionism but is fairly close enough to it just the same):

By the way, *who* exactly are "the accused"? And why exactly where they "accused"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I made one too previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
By the way, *who* exactly are "the accused"? And why exactly where they "accused"?

I thought it just meant everyone who disagrees with you and your politics. Am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you people aren't double Dominionists, then you aren't Dominionizing hard enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
If you people aren't double Dominionists, then you aren't Dominionizing hard enough.

I had my doubts about the scope and grasp of Dominionism but once McSpiffy bought both micro-badges I knew we were screwed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

I figure yours is for those who embrace Dominionism, and mine is for those who are tarred and feathered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

I think this needs a comma. I made one too, previously.

Or there was an excessive amount of previousness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I figure yours is for those who embrace Dominionism, and mine is for those who are tarred and feathered.

When Shreve has described what Dominionism is, it makes it insane to accuse anyone but Christians of a very special variety of being Domionists. Yet I as an Orthodox Jew have been branded one. I fully intend to mock.

EDIT:
The description
Quote:
This is an in-joke from the RSP forum where the user is claiming to be part of a group that a certain conspiracy theory claims is trying to control the world and bring about its end.
is hardly a ringing endorsement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

edbolme wrote:

Your design is way off base. The number "7" only works if there's a mountain in the background (i.e. Seven Mountains Dominionism).

Instead of using the the United States in the red, white, and blue of our national flag, you should instead be using the Christian flag as its backdrop to symbolize Christian Supremacy (which is not at all the same thing as Dominionism but enough close to it):

I had it mis-designed intentionally so as to throw people off about how deeply rooted it is in me.

Apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it I'm going to the survivalist store to stock up on dehydrated lasagna.

McSp.ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. The misdesign (lack of mountains) clearly indicates that the person bearing the badge has been accused of Dominionism, but has no clue what it actually is.

In short, the badge makes a molehill out of a mountain. And if you zoom in really tight, you might see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would a non-Dominionist know the true form of Dominionism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So since a Dominionist would not wear a badge identifying himself* as such, and wearing one thereby disqualifies one from serious consideration as a Dominionist, does wearing two Dominionist microbadges cancel that out like a double negative? Am I now not a non-Dominionist because one disavows the other? Am I at risk of exposing my true self?

I may have gone too far.... oops.

* Or herself, assuming her husband approved her adopting this philosophy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

By reading. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of color-coded reading. Taking break from reading only to watch videos.

It is the only way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they make dehydrated casseroles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

Well, yes, but um Charlie's gone missing. He was last seen near the casserole dehydration machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

whac3 wrote:
edbolme wrote:
whac3 wrote:

When Shreve has described what Dominionism is, it makes it insane to accuse anyone but Christians of a very special variety of being Domionists.

Well, duhhh! That goes without saying. *However*, just because the New Apostolic Reformation is the only full-fledged Dominionist sect or denomination, Dominionism is NOT a religious sect or denomination. Rather, it's a specific End-Times philosophical overlay which can be grafted onto and/or be adopted by any other mainstream denomination. Usually, however, those of a mainstream denomination who've gone Dominionist will refer to themselves as an "Evangelical [Denomination Name]s".

whac3 wrote:
Yet I as an Orthodox Jew have been branded one. I fully intend to mock.

Only a "reformed Jew" could claim to be a Dominionist. Did you convert to some denomination of Christianity?

whac3 wrote:
EDIT:
The description
Quote:
This is an in-joke from the RSP forum where the user is claiming to be part of a group that a certain conspiracy theory claims is trying to control the world and bring about its end.
is hardly a ringing endorsement.

False analogy. While some Dominionist Christian Supremacists like televangelist Jim Bakker and John Hagee are Hellbent on bringing about the end of the world, that doesn't go for more mainstream Dominionists like Lance Wallnau and Scott Lively who are more Hellbent on setting up the Kingdom of God on Earth rather than bring about its demise too soon.

Dominionism departs from the more accepted end-of-the-world scenario described by the New Testament's Book of Revalation, so much so that it seems inconceivable how Dominionists could justify their own End-Times scenario in any credible terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Well, yes, but um Charlie's gone missing. He was last seen near the casserole dehydration machine.

Mormon's gotta eat. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

bjlillo wrote:
lfisher wrote:

There are only two types of people in the world: Dominionists and the Tools of Dominionists.

Actually, besides seeing themselves as the only true Christians and the only ones whose rights are upheld and protected by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights, Dominionists see only two other types of people: 1. Those who are who potentially convertible to their version of Christianity, and 2. The Wicked (those who will not submit to converting to their version of Christianity).

Here's a fresh case in point from today's news.

> Excerpts from the November 30, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Dominionist Pastor Sam Rohrer Declares: "The Government Must Require Immigrants To Accept The God Of The Bible"

Sam Rohrer

Sam Rohrer of the American Pastors Network appeared on TheDove TV’s “Focus Today” program yesterday, where he declared that the attack at Ohio State University earlier this week was rooted in that fact that government is allowing people to enter this country “who have no respect for our God.”

Rohrer stated that in the Old Testament, God instructed Israel to assimilate immigrants by “pointing them to the God of Heaven,” but America is failing to follow that basic rule and is now instead taking in “immigrants who have no interest in our God” and have “no desire to be a participant in what God has done here.”

When America took in immigrants and “then we presented them in the culture to this God, we were blessed,” Rohrer said, but now America no longer requires immigrants to know “the God of the Bible” and the government is actually working to “turn them against the God of Heaven.”

America has “changed the historic Biblical rules” regarding immigration, he said, and “this is a reason why God must discipline our country.”

“Now we have millions of people,” Rohrer said, “who are here for the wrong reasons, been invited in by people with wrong motives and now we have a people here, large numbers of them who have no respect for our God, they serve primarily the god of Allah and they embrace Sharia law” which permits them to engage in terrorism.

Rohrer said that until this nation realizes that it cannot tolerate “two competing Gods … we’re going to find ourselves in increasing trouble.”

Point of Information: Sam Rohrer served as a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from the 128th district and served in office from January 5, 1993 through November 30, 2010.

According to their own End-Times scenario, if you are among those deemed as "The Wicked", the future Dominionist-dominated government will confiscate your wealth and property in order to effect their notion of an End-Times redistribution of wealth. In other words, Dominionist "Christians" prosper and become the "priests" and "kings" and then they exact retribution in monetary terms, sacking your wealth and property.

Ted Cruz's father, Rafael, has been preaching this stuff for some time now.

> Excerpts from the October 1, 2013 Huffington Post column by Morgan Guyton, director of the New Orleans, Louisiana Wesley Foundation (which is a campus-outreach organization of the Methodist Church):

The Theology of Government Shutdown: Christian Dominionism

Rev. Rafael Cruz

The theological ethos of (Texas Republican U.S. Senator Ted Cruz's father) Rafael Cruz's vision is Christian Dominionism: He talks about preaching a "message of Dominion" that all Christians have received an "anointing as kings."

I watched a sermon he preached on August 26, 2012 at the New Beginnings megachurch in Irving, Texas, led by Christian Zionist charismatic pastor Larry Huch. Huch incidentally had a very interesting prophecy to share when he introduced Cruz to preach:

Larry Hutch wrote:

We've been doing this series here that God laid on my heart: Getting to the top and staying there. A message for us as individuals, the kingdom of God, but also for America. It's not enough to get there. We need to stay there. It's not a coincidence that in a few weeks, we go into what's called in the Bible Rosh Hashanad [sic]... It will be the beginning of the spiritual year 2012. The number 12 means divine government. That God will begin to rule and reign. Not Wall Street, not Washington, God's people and His kingdom will begin to rule and reign. I know that's why God got Rafael's son elected, Ted Cruz the next senator. But here's the exciting thing: The rabbinical teaching is... that in a few weeks begins that year 2012 and that this will begin what we call the End-Time Transfer of Wealth. And that when these Gentiles begin to receive this blessing, they will never go back financially through the valley again. They will grow and grow and grow. It's said this way: that God is looking at the church and everyone in it and deciding in the next three and a half years who will be his bankers. And the ones that say here I am Lord, you can trust me, we will become so blessed that we will usher in the coming of the Messiah.

So it sounds like we're entering into the age where the Christians (who give faithfully) are going to get all the money through the "End-Time Transfer of Wealth." Isn't the title of that sermon series just awesome? "Getting to the Top and Staying There"! It was a packed house. I wonder how many other apocalyptic prosperity gospel megachurches are packing their houses by preaching sermon series about getting to the top and staying there.

Rafael Cruz's primary text for his sermon was Revelation 1:5-6, which says: "To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve His God and Father -- to Him be glory and power for ever and ever!"

In Rafael Cruz's translation of the Bible, it says "kings and priests" instead of "a kingdom and priests." In the Greek, the word is basileian (accusative singular) and no manuscript variants are indicated, but never mind that.

Rafael Cruz shares that two types of people were anointed in the Old Testament, Kings and Priests:

Rafael Cruz wrote:

Priests were anointed primarily to minister the glory of God. They were anointed to pray for the people, to offer sacrifices, to care for the temple, to be God's representatives before the people... Kings were anointed to take dominion. Kings were anointed to take dominion, to go to war, win the war, and bring the spoils of war to Priests so the work of the kingdom of God could be accomplished. The King needed the blessing of the priest in order to be successful in battle... The Priest also needed for the King to be successful in battle because the Priest needed the spoils of war in order to repair the temple, in order to carry out the ministry that God had entrusted him.

What is so remarkable about this rendering of the relationship between kings and priests in the Old Testament is that God expressly forbade the Israelites from going to war for spoils. It is "truthiness" applied to Biblical interpretation. Well, the priests had expenses to pay in the temple, and the kings went to war. God anointed both of them. That must mean that the kings went to war to pay for the expenses in the temple.

The seamless move that Cruz makes without any justification is to say that because kings and priests were anointed in the Old Testament, that means there are two kinds of Christians today: Kings and Priests.

Forget about the body of Christ and all the spiritual gifts identified in 1 Corinthians 12. Forget Jesus' exhortation in Mark 10 not to be like the Gentile princes but to be servants instead of kings. Rafael Cruz decries the way that churches have neglected their members' kingly anointing:

Rafael Cruz wrote:

Our churches unfortunately are very focused on only one of these anointings and that is on the priestly anointing... Those of you who think you don't have the anointing to teach the word of God, to be teaching Sunday school, you're second class citizens. And so you begin to lead frustrated lives... The majority of you... your anointing... is an anointing as king. God has given you an anointing to go to the battlefield. And what's the battlefield? The marketplace. To go to the marketplace and occupy the land. To go to the marketplace and take dominion.

So, to summarize this logic expounded upon by Rafael Cruz in his sermon: God anoints Priests to work in the church directly and Kings to go out into the marketplace to conquer, plunder, and bring back the spoils to the church. The reason governmental regulation has to disappear from the marketplace is to make it completely available to the plunder of Christian "kings" who will accomplish the "End-Time Transfer of Wealth." Then "God's bankers" will usher in the "Coming of the Messiah." In essence, the government is being shut down so that God's bankers can bring Jesus back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GameCrossing wrote:
So since a Dominionist would not wear a badge identifying himself* as such, and wearing one thereby disqualifies one from serious consideration as a Dominionist, does wearing two Dominionist microbadges cancel that out like a double negative? Am I now not a non-Dominionist because one disavows the other? Am I at risk of exposing my true self?

I may have gone too far.... oops.

Glenn Beck, the Dominionist Mormon wrote:

And then again, perhaps not far enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
lfisher wrote:

There are only two types of people in the world: Dominionists and the Tools of Dominionists.

Clearly Shreve is the exemption which proves the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
edbolme wrote:

Instead of using the the United States map in the red, white, and blue of our national flag, you should instead be using the Christian flag as its backdrop to symbolize Christian Supremacy (which is not at all the same thing as Dominionism but is fairly close enough to it just the same):

Update: Lance Wallnau, one of the leading advocates of Seven Mountains Dominionism, has started his own prophetic news & commentary channel on his website and you'll never believe the design he chose for the logo of this new venture of his that he calls "the 7M Underground". Check out the logo at his website at: http://www.7munderground.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
So Sam Roeher thinks God was down with all the RC immigrants?

In fact maybe it was all the RC immigrants that got God blessing America and the faux-Christian, Jews, Taoists, Confucians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Voodooist, African religionists, Shamanists, Satanists, Wiccans and native American religionists just got taken along for the ride?

Though maybe it has all been a long-game by Satan leading up to the election of the anti-Christ as POTUS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.