7 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: What to buy after getting two core sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate B.
msg tools
mbmbmb
I currently own two of the Force Awakens core sets and I want to add more to the game. Right now I'm torn between buying the Imperial Aces and Rebel Aces expansions or the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1. Which of those two options would give me the most variety? I want the Falcon and Slave 1, but I feel like adding two ships to each side instead of one for each would be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Heroes of the Resistance would add more to the Episode 7 type ships. Besides that, I'd maybe go with Imperial Vets, myself. Most people would probably say Imperial Aces, though. The Tie Interceptors are highly regarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
depends on what you like, if you want variety then going with the aces is a good choice

instead of going for falcon + slave 1 i would suggest the following:

if you want to have the iconic characters from the movies then i would suggest an original core (so you get luke , R2-D2) plus all the standard upgrades not found on the force awakens set + a tie advanced (for Darth Vader) and the falcon for Han solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends mostly on your level of play.

I am a big tournament player, so I buy the huge ships with the rare cards.

If you are not a tournament player you won't need those.

So focus one what interests you and what looks fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Force Awakens core sets, the 'Heroes of the Resistance' and standalone T-70 expansion would do the most to build off what you already have (IE., more tech slot upgrades for your ships that all have tech slots, etc).

For the Imperial side, the standalone TIE/FO expansion, then 'Special Forces TIE' expansion does the same - more tech upgrades, and the TIE/FO gives you more pilots you can mix in with the fighters you already have. And, of course, the Upsilon-class shuttle should be out in just a couple weeks...

(Of course, the 'correct' answer is - especially if not looking for competitive play - "whatever you find coolest!")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Banderet
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
collect 'em all!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went with Imperial Aces for the Empire. Y-wing and B-wing for the Rebels (because they did not have Rebels Aces at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.