$20.00
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is somewhere hidden in the rules. I can't quite seem to get a definite statement from the rule book. Probably my poor reading...

Question = When trying to resolve an "encounter" (e.g. 8 clubs door or 7 spades monster) - are any of the MAJOR ARCANA used as action cards? And if so, what is their "value?" And which ones?

For example. I draw the 9 of diamonds as an encounter. A treasure trap.
To resolve this, I draw the 16 of trumps - the shifting terrain card. Is that an "action card?" if so, does it have a value of 16?

I realise that some of the Major Arcana can be either encounter or action cards (e.g. the 2-10 of trumps (mazes)). But what about arcana 11-21?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. so I read on p.35 that "the 2-10 of trumps... function as encounters or actions cards." that's great.

I assume then that the 11-21 of trumps are only ever special cards, that do not function as action cards. (I realise this from some of their descriptions.) Is this correct?

And I now re-read the advanced cards, and I can see that they are not action cards (as they each have special rules.) Is this correct too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trumps 0, I, and XI-XII are never action cards, just the Maze trumps I-X.

The only Extra Arcana that function as action cards are the Lich (9) and Dragon (10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.