Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with multiple scenarios and operations, but other than the training mission as a starting point, which operation is a good starting point?

I could not see difficulty levels on operations either, so there is no 'progress' of sorts? Difficulty won't ramp up between operations?

(I know there is a general Veteran difficulty option, but this is not what I mean.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is so new that probably only the designer will have a view on that, but he is active in the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book on the lower left corner of page 18 suggests to use "Green" operation as the last training.
So there would be at least an operation to start with.
BTW: The operation only includes one terrain, but limits you to three commandos when playing as an operation instead of four if you would just play with the terrain card.

I played all the training missions in order, sometimes even several times just to get better at it, and never lost one.
Then I played "Green" the first time... and whatever could go wrong went wrong. Two of my commandos were gunned down (one by six enemies), and the last one couldn't do anything but run for it).
Guess the training wheels are off

Then again, you might already have seen that..

What I personally will do is look at the suggested time for each scenario and the amount of terrain, and then I just pick the ones which seem to be shortest. After that I will also wait for suggestions from the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no real ramp up in the operations difficulty, except that each terrain card is a possibility of failure (so the more terrains you have, the harder it will be).

My intention was that you would choose an operation depending on: 1) the number of commandos (players) and 2) the operation's duration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.