Popular Tags: [View All]
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Check it out...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/30/forbid...

Available early 2017 - and teases first DLC available mid-December!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I love the idea of the moving rooms - is real or only in your mind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like it could be pretty cool, but if I'm being honest -the reason that I'm most excited is that it seems to come in a proper cardboard box!
The "boxes" for the two other expansions went straight into my trash bin, which left my core set box filled to the bursting point instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
4 Thralls, Does anyone else think there could be 4 different looking Thralls? I think the one we've seen already looks like one of the npc's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbieGemini wrote:
4 Thralls, Does anyone else think there could be 4 different looking Thralls? I think the one we've seen already looks like one of the npc's.

From the pictures I'm pretty certain there's only one thrall miniature. Would make more sense from a distribution standpoint too. They didn't do any variation for any of the other monsters, would be shocked if they started now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Narstrand wrote:
Looks like it could be pretty cool, but if I'm being honest -the reason that I'm most excited is that it seems to come in a proper cardboard box!
The "boxes" for the two other expansions went straight into my trash bin, which left my core set box filled to the bursting point instead.

Truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also it shows MSRP of $30, not $40 or $50!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Foley
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone else think the Thralls were inspired by John Carpenter's The Thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
It's good to get a bit more info. The tile switching mechanics looks pretty cool. The room tiles look great. Still very mundane designs, such as another library, kitchen and a dinning room. But that's OK. More variation is a good thing so we aren't exploring the same side dressers all the time! New entrance, attic, yard and basement tiles too.

I'd like a look at the spells and see if we get some more exotic and utility based effects.

The key tokens seem interesting. It would be great to get some more information regarding them but I suppose it may also be good to have their uses and consequences be a surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Does seem a bit mundane. Very similar rooms too what already exist and just adding a bit of variety. This big box expansion seems to just scratch the surface of what can be done with this game system. Castles, extensive catacombs, a great lodge in the yukon with arctic outside settings, ruins of an ancient city dare I say it R'lyeh and yuggoth. I guess we just have to wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
rman wrote:
Does seem a bit mundane. Very similar rooms too what already exist and just adding a bit of variety. This big box expansion seems to just scratch the surface of what can be done with this game system. Castles, extensive catacombs, a great lodge in the yukon with arctic outside settings, ruins of an ancient city dare I say it R'lyeh and yuggoth. I guess we just have to wait and see.

The plus side is that drastically changing the theme of location allows for less integration with the components that have come before. I think it is a good thing that the first box expansions builds on the base set rather than changing the game up completely, like Call of the Wild did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
new preview here
seems a bit spoilery

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/13/vengef...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.