Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Benson
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone used the combined might expansion yet?

The extra cards provide six new A scenario cards, two more B scenario cards, so rather than a single one we now have a choice, and six new C scenario cards.

The rules state that when building the deck, six more A cards should be removed than the base rules state, so the deck stays the same size, but it doesn't give any setup change for the B cards. It then goes on to say that when one B card has been completed, all others should be removed and progress onto the C cards as usual.

So, the question is, why don't the setup rules say to only include one B card at random? That's how I played it, but the instruction to discard all others made me wonder whether all three B cards should be revealed immediately the A cards are done, allowing a choice of which to complete.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't got this expansion so the only thought that comes to mind is that perhaps there are conditions similar to the ones on the C cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Utting
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received my Combined Might cards and there are no conditions on the 'B' cards so I think I'll probably just add one random 'B' card to the scenario deck, and put the others back in the box.

At the moment I can't see any reason to put them all in the deck because I'm pretty sure the intention is to complete the first one you see anyway.

I suspect putting them all out and choosing one could make it a bit easy. For example there's one that says two players must lose two hearts each, that would be a easy option in games where health increase items gave been picked-up.

Adventure Cards

During our first play I noticed the new Combined Might adventures are added to the base game adventure deck, increasing the number of those in that deck.

This means the chance of drawing a Threat card is now reduced. Is that right, or should the adventure deck still be reduced to 30 cards?

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.