Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We finally played and beat the two easy level encounters. Still loving this game and we are getting better at it with every play. I was going through the hero deck after the last game and I realized that there was no Dimli or whizgille in the deck but all of the other characters from RDI 1-3 were present. I counted the cards and realized I only had 48 cards in the deck. That doesn't seem right to me since the item deck is an even 50. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing 2 cards? do people have Dimli or Whizgille in their hero decks?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonbear82 wrote:
We finally played and beat the two easy level encounters. Still loving this game and we are getting better at it with every play. I was going through the hero deck after the last game and I realized that there was no Dimli or whizgille in the deck but all of the other characters from RDI 1-3 were present. I counted the cards and realized I only had 48 cards in the deck. That doesn't seem right to me since the item deck is an even 50. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing 2 cards? do people have Dimli or Whizgille in their hero decks?

Thanks.

I just pulled my deck from the Kickstarter, and I have 50 Heroes. However, I do not have a Dimli or Whizgille. Here's what I have

Brewmaster Phrenk
Brother Bastian
Chronos the Time Mage
Cormac the Mighty
Deirdre the Priestess
Eve the Illusionist
Fiona the Volatile
Fleck the Bard
Gog the Half-Ogre
Gerki the Sneak
Kaylin the Renega
Ohava, Grand Cleric
Pooky
Sera the Fleetfooted
Serena the Pious
Wulfric
Zot the Wizard

(That's 17)
and here are my generic heroes:
2 Assassin
2 Barbarians
2 Beserkers
2 Clergymen
2 Collegium Elders
2 Covert operatives
2 Eagle Eye Snipers
2 Fire Mage
2 Holy Templars
2 Rogues
2 Sorcerers
2 Temple Archivists
2 Water Mages

3 Apprentice
3 Townsfolk

1 Wench

That's 33, for 50 total

This would be consistent with page 1 of the rulebook which says:

98 reinforcement cards - 50 heroes 48 items.

I went through my item deck (since you said you had 50) and I have 48.

Sounds like you either have two heroes in your item deck, or your copy has two extra items and is missing two heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimli and Wizgille are the only heroes from RDI1-3 not represented in Greyport. While I cannot say much more about them, I will say that Dimli happens to already be designed, and Wizgille is waiting on... other things to line up.

So no worries! You aren't missing anything. Glad you're having a blast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. some mixed up cards but it appears that everything is correct. 48 items and 50 heroes.

Thanks Mohnkern
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Liebert
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Waller wrote:
Dimli and Wizgille are the only heroes from RDI1-3 not represented in Greyport. While I cannot say much more about them, I will say that Dimli happens to already be designed, and Wizgille is waiting on... other things to line up.

So no worries! You aren't missing anything. Glad you're having a blast!

My Wife and I are absolutely loving this game. I actually just bought sleeves for the cards because of how much play it is getting lately. We are RDI completionists and kickstarted it primarily for that reason. We figured Slugfest has a good track record with us and we already love the theme and characters so why not. Boy am I happy we did though. This game has everything I want in a Co-op. It has overall strategic decisions to make along with a heavy dose of tactical decision making in addition to strategy concerns. One of my favorite aspects is deciding if I buy the card that will do the most damage / set me up for the best turn immediately, or the card that is a better fit for the deck I am trying to sculpt. the game goes just long enough and you cycle your deck just the amount of times to make it a difficult decision instead of a no-brainer one way or the other. Plus, it is both fun even if you lose and hard enough that you feel really accomplished when you win. We are already eagerly awaiting expansions for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.