Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keywood Cheves
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's assume we have had a successful first Topple. All units except gifts are now removed from play, and I must cull my tableau. I note that there are now no units on the map or tableau. In order to get my units back on the map or tableau, I will have to play cards out of my hand. Therefore, I put all my tableau cards into my hand, and then play them.

The rules seem to say that I must have at least one card for each Mode in my new tableau. If this is correct, I will put my weakest cards in the tableau and keep the strongest cards in my hand in order to get more units in play.

What's wrong with this plan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The rules seem to say that I must have at least one card for each Mode in my new tableau.

This is (sort of) the rule for a failed topple. Culling down to (at most) one card of each mode.

For nation building, you must pick up your whole tableau. You can then discard any number of cards without penalty. Then play resumes.

Keywood wrote:
If this is correct, I will put my weakest cards in the tableau and keep the strongest cards in my hand in order to get more units in play.

What's wrong with this plan?

Nothing at all, mechanically. You might want to keep a higher ranked card in your tableau to give you access to a stronger action right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you're playing cards back to your tableau right away? Not sure if I'm reading that right.

If so, that's incorrect. You have all your tableau cards in your hand, then you have your normal two actions per turn and can replay them one by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keywood Cheves
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply! You pick up the tableau cards and play them as an action (after discarding any cards you don't want).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keywood wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply! You pick up the tableau cards and play them as an action (after discarding any cards you don't want).

Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.