Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everybody, ever since the teasers for the new Champions comics came out, I've been hoping to make a small box expansion (in the theme of Fear Itself with 6 "Heroes") featuring these teen heroes.

I can't promise this group will be finished quickly, especially since the comic is still coming out and I'm having some difficulties with finding images for Cyclops and Viv.

Heroes:
- Ms. Marvel (Kamala)
- Spider-Man (Miles)
- Hulk (Amadeus Cho)
- Nova (Sam)
- Young Cyclops
- Viv (Vision's Daughter)

Mastermind:
- Unknown at this time.

Villain Group:
- Unknown at this time.

Plots:
- Save the Painted Ladies (Based off their first mission in the first issue)
-
-

Here is what I've cooked up so far!

Spider-Man

The Hulk

Nova

Let me know what you guys think!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like Nova's uncommon, nice artifact. Would Hulk's uncommon be a little more balanced if it was only triggerable once? I don't see it being too strong in conjunction with Hulk's other cards, but things could get quite out of hand (heh) when mixing in other cards like Cyclops, Angel, etc. Cards that have you discard cards at no net loss. That may be too niche to be OP'd though. I guess I wouldn't really know without play testing. I'm split on it. Otherwise looks good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
jhochges wrote:
I like Nova's uncommon, nice artifact. Would Hulk's uncommon be a little more balanced if it was only triggerable once? I don't see it being too strong in conjunction with Hulk's other cards, but things could get quite out of hand (heh) when mixing in other cards like Cyclops, Angel, etc. Cards that have you discard cards at no net loss. That may be too niche to be OP'd though. I guess I wouldn't really know without play testing. I'm split on it. Otherwise looks good!

I'll look thru the other "discard" heroes and play-test a bit! I was thinking more in the set of what I had planned for the Champions and Hulk himself, so it's possible I missed an OP loophole.

Maybe change it to: "Draw an extra card at the end of your turn for each card you discarded this turn." That would still probably effect Cyclop's uncommon, but you'd then be limited with how many cards you have that discard. But it wouldn't be a "Whenever" effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where are you getting this art? It's fantastic!

In any case, constructive criticism on the second of Nova's Commons: Based on current rulings, Hero cards "have no memory." Once it goes back into your hand, how do you (and other players) know it was, in fact, that card that you had teleported last turn?

Maybe it would be best, if a bit unbalanced, to change the rule text to say "If a card with this name was Teleported last turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Where are you getting this art? It's fantastic!

In any case, constructive criticism on the second of Nova's Commons: Based on current rulings, Hero cards "have no memory." Once it goes back into your hand, how do you (and other players) know it was, in fact, that card that you had teleported last turn?

Maybe it would be best, if a bit unbalanced, to change the rule text to say "If a card with this name was Teleported last turn."

I had an idea for a card that I didn't make that would have a teleport bonus. Because cards "have no memory" what I did was have the following card effect:

If you have 6 or more cards in your hand you get +2 attack.

While it could also have bonuses that are from not teleporting, say if you had played some excessive card draws, it only makes it that more versatile. I'm willing to gift you this idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's a good possible idea, Justin! That is actually one of the ideas I considered when I first read TheUbiquitous' post (didn't have time to reply). Great minds think alike haha.

I think I'll actually go with it, since it requires you to use them first in order to get the +2 and you won't get a bonus for any other copies you happen to draw in that new hand.

Although, I don't really have a problem with the "memory" aspect haha. If someone teleports only one and tries to get the bonus on two cards the next turn, I think it would be easy to call them out. But regardless, I can fix that right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, I forgot to consider Dodge when I made Hulk's uncommon. I think that alone can make it a little OP. So...back to the drawing board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback on Spider-Man:

Covert Common: I think the KO ability is a bit over-powered for a 2-cost common. I would at least make the KO part conditional (eg with a covert trigger). He already has dodge, which can help you get past a non-2 cost blockage on top of your deck.

Rare: again with cards having no memory, maybe add 'this turn' to the end of the text, or make them count as 2-cost only when they're on the top of your deck, eg 'any card on top of your deck counts as having cost 2 this turn'.

Otherwise, nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Feedback on Spider-Man:

Covert Common: I think the KO ability is a bit over-powered for a 2-cost common. I would at least make the KO part conditional (eg with a covert trigger). He already has dodge, which can help you get past a non-2 cost blockage on top of your deck.

Rare: again with cards having no memory, maybe add 'this turn' to the end of the text, or make them count as 2-cost only when they're on the top of your deck, eg 'any card on top of your deck counts as having cost 2 this turn'.

Otherwise, nice job.

Actually, his covert common is almost exactly like one of Electro's commons. The difference is, Electro's may KO whatever card you revealed (still has dodge). So if anything the possible draw makes it better, but I hoped capping both abilities to only effect 2cost and lower would make it okay. Maybe if I state "Hero cards" only, that will help since it ignores Wounds.

To be honest, I do forget to add "This turn" sometimes since I always feel it's implied haha. So yes, I'll fix that in the rare!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.