6 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Effects after dungeons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
We assume heroes gain infinite "turns" on the world map when they exit a dungeon or encounter to help explain the rules of what happens. They recover all their fatigue (via infinite rest orders), they clear all their conditions (via infinite rolling and eventually getting surges), drink any potions and trade any equipmemt (via infinite movement points), Red Scorpion and Ispher heal fully (infinite turns for their abilities), but heroes don't clear wounds or poison because those don't go away with time.

Those are rules as written. Would you say it is appropriate to make the following assumptions?

1. Invisibility potions also get cleared due to eventually rolling a surge.
2. A hero with Earth Pact recovers all wounds due to infinite turns.
3. If a hero has the Red Plate of Kellos, the entire party heals all wounds (due to infinite turns to pass it around).

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Lanabound wrote:
(...) they clear all their conditions (via infinite rolling and eventually getting surges) (...)

I think this explanation works only so much. For example, they discard their burning, but can't burn to death via infinite very poor rolling.

Lanabound wrote:
1. Invisibility potions also get cleared due to eventually rolling a surge.

Yes. I'd consider it a status condition, after all, so it should be cleared with all others.

Lanabound wrote:
2. A hero with Earth Pact recovers all wounds due to infinite turns.
3. If a hero has the Red Plate of Kellos, the entire party heals all wounds (due to infinite turns to pass it around).

Maybe that isn't such a bad idea either. Recently I've seen an encounter in a PbF where one hero repeatedly stunned the single remaining monster with Word of Vaal while another hero was regenerating using the Red Plate ... (Not that it worked — the poor hero who once in his life wanted to roll as low as possible rolled consistently nearly max damage — but a good try anyway )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks. I think burn and bleed were auto-cleared to avoid the situation where heroes could leave the dungeon but still die on the world map. We just assume a hero rolls an X for every bleed and a surge for every burn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your interpretation is wrong. You don't get turns when on the overland map. The rules state that all orders and effects get discarded. You have to remain on the game board to get the effects of Earth Pact and Red Plate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
If I understand it correctly, this is just a "what-if" post. The OP most probably knows that it goes against the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
evolvent wrote:
If I understand it correctly, this is just a "what-if" post. The OP most probably knows that it goes against the rules.

Yeah. House rules at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.