Popular Tags: [View All]
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at getting one or two expansions in addition to my pledge.
So, which ones, and for what reasons are you getting them?

Help me decide and discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to go all in.

However, if you are limited in your choice of expansions, it really depends on what you would prefer.

The stretch goals already give you a full Troglodyte box. However both the Ratlings and Reptisaurians give you another full compliment of enemies.

I would actually suggest you start with the two Hero vs. Monster sets. More hero classes and more heroes is always a plus in my book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you are a bit late in making this decision.... didn't the pledge manager close sometime in October?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cyclops Spearmaiden, Hellephant and ZBP kit for me. Hellephant is a great sculpt though I like the heroes for Spearmaiden better. The ZBP kit is a great deal since I already have ZBP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SechulLath wrote:
The Cyclops Spearmaiden, Hellephant and ZBP kit for me. Hellephant is a great sculpt though I like the heroes for Spearmaiden better. The ZBP kit is a great deal since I already have ZBP.

I just went with all the kickstarter exclusives, since the rest will be available later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to get two expansions (not including the Black Plague Crossover and 3D Doors/Bridges) and decided to go with one Enemy box and one Hero Box. I figure that gives you the best balance with more enemies and more heroes to choose from.

Personally I chose the Ratlings over Reptisaurians as I felt they would be more interesting (fast moving mobs should disrupt strategies) and I preferred the models. The Reptisaurians were also added during the campaign from what I understand and may be rushed as a result.

For the Hero Box I chose the Warrior Priests as I thought a healer class might provide more variety than another sneaky class (Assassin). I am still unclear if the Paladin can heal so this ensures there is that role in this game. I do think the Hellephant is cooler than the Cyclops but the heroes in this box seemed more interesting and that is the main reason I am buying it.

In the end (if I don't add more expansions later) I suppose I gave my set a more traditional fantasy feel. If you were to take the Reptisaurian/Assassin boxes you might give it a more exotic feel though. It's all a matter of taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:

I just went with all the kickstarter exclusives, since the rest will be available later.

This is a good point. The expansions I listed are not a great deal compared to what they will be at retail and don't add anything exclusive. If you are patient and don't want any of the exclusive stuff you can just hold off. I am confident I will like this game so I wanted some of the expansion stuff when I get the core set as it may not be available right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
Of course you are a bit late in making this decision.... didn't the pledge manager close sometime in October?

But I think you can still late pledge? And maybe that is what he is doing? Maybe I am wrong on those points.

Anyway, I agree with Brian's earlier comments. I think the base game is a bit thin on enemy mobs. The Reptisaurs are very cool sculpts, and it gives you another enemy type.

The hero boxes give the extra classes, which is likely worthwhile. Allowing you to expand even the base content more, not just these expansions.

the doors, columns and chests are a pretty good deal. And are also versatile, (ie can be used with other games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

This is a good point. The expansions I listed are not a great deal compared to what they will be at retail.

I think this gets said a lot but it may not actually be true. It is quite likely it will be a very long time before these show up at retail, and the discounted price that they are offered at now is likely to be along the lines of OLGS pricing, if you factor in shipping. The shipping of the pledge package is pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
bholmes4 wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

This is a good point. The expansions I listed are not a great deal compared to what they will be at retail.

I think this gets said a lot but it may not actually be true. It is quite likely it will be a very long time before these show up at retail, and the discounted price that they are offered at now is likely to be along the lines of OLGS pricing, if you factor in shipping. The shipping of the pledge package is pretty cheap.

That was the case with Black Plague. The core boxes were at retail locations the same time, or sooner than pledges were shipped out, however, the expansions took a long time to appear. By adding them to your KS they will all ship at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously this is all conjectural, so take my input for what it's worth. I bought the Reptisaurians to have another enemy bundle, and I bought the Hellephant vs. Assassins because, c'mon, "Hellephant?" How could I not? Also, the hero characters seemed pretty cool to me.

To be honest, by the time this game actually shows up, I probably will have forgotten what I bought and why I bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The pledge manager is still open, and they are still accepting late pledges. It's also still advertised on TGN as accepting late pledges as well.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Reptisaurians, and possibly the Cyclops for the Warrior Priest. Despite the price, the Elementals are really nice sculpts. I'd like to get one of each - Enemy box, and Hero/Monster box.

I'm just looking for input as to which ones seem to be the best for others and the reasons why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
My recommendation if you have the cash just get extra pledges and I'll explain why in a minute. When the game arrives you will have more than enough content to keep you busy for at least a year or more. By the time you feel the need to add expansions you can sell off the extra pledges and most likely get all the expansions for this game with funds to spare for the next KS project.

I will most likely get 2 extra pledges for this reason. One good CMON KS funds the next if your smart enough to buy extra pledges. You can never beat the bang for the buck that an extra pledge gives you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went for the Reptilians and Ratlings boxes. There are already LOADS of heroes that come with the core game, thanks in part to the KS exclusives, so I didn't feel any major urge to get them. Will pick them up at retail if it's getting played enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
.... More hero classes and more heroes is always a plus in my book.

Has there been any suggestion what the BP crossover heroes Classes will be?

Hopefully they will also include some of the classes that are available from the hero packs. Maybe we will get use of those classes in this manner without buying the extra heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went all-in and got 1 of everything that wasn't already in the core set...

For most value I'd put that to the 2 x monster groups (Reptiles & Rats?) as they will give you more variety of the monsters encountered and also the cross-over set because if you have Z:BP it'll give you more monster groups (undead!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn glad I saw this post, b/c I'd forgotten to finish the PM. I always think I'm done after the survey. shakecrycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them all, but I think the Warrior Priest box will be my favorite. I plan to start my adventure with Malleus. The Rattling box also looks great. More mobs to fight and I think I can make that dual-weilding rat-boss a fine Bonecrusher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
bholmes4 wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

i thought the same thing about the Others..... september came and went. 2016 is closing... they still have zero comment on when those might hit retail. The completionist in me and the losing hero team want those boosters! my boy loves elephants so i have to get the hellephant pack, can't risk not getting to play that with him

getting the mob packs & doors & z:bp crossover. i've got enough dice so i may get an extra set as these are custom and holding off on the elementals as $40 is a bit much (need more mobs not bosses i think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the small expansion with 3D doors and bridges because I figured they could be generally useful - perhaps also in other games. Other than that I just got a base pledge, I figured that there is already a ton of stuff there and I don't really know if I'll even like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueSwan wrote:
I got the small expansion with 3D doors and bridges because I figured they could be generally useful - perhaps also in other games. Other than that I just got a base pledge, I figured that there is already a ton of stuff there and I don't really know if I'll even like the game.

My son and I watched the game play video and he was sold. It has big cool monsters for me to paint and the game is just complex enough to keep my kids from getting bored. It's also not too complex for my kids either.
Based on those two things I know the family will enjoy this.

I opted to go with the extra dice, bridges and doors, ZBP extras, the plastic tokens, and reptisaurians. If we get bored with all that I can always buy ZBP to keep it fresh until the rest releases at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I should add that I bought Zombicide Black Plague as well after seeing some gameplay videos of it. So between the extra monsters and hero's that will provide, the Kickstarter bonuses and the two gameplay expansion packs (Warrior Priest and Ratlings) I bought for MD, I figure that is more than enough to hold me over until the expansions hit retail. I realize they expansions may take a long time to hit retail but that is a lot of stuff right there. I also have a ton of other games as I suspect a lot of posters here do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:

My son and I watched the game play video and he was sold. It has big cool monsters for me to paint and the game is just complex enough to keep my kids from getting bored. It's also not too complex for my kids either.

I opted to go with the extra dice, bridges and doors, ZBP extras, the plastic tokens, and reptisaurians. If we get bored with all that I can always buy ZBP to keep it fresh until the rest releases at retail.

Sounds good, as I plan to play it with my son. Mind you, he's only 6, so I'm gonna have to be patient. Kind of regretting not getting the Zombicide crossover, but I don't have Zombicide, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueSwan wrote:
Ghool wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:

Sounds good, as I plan to play it with my son. Mind you, he's only 6, so I'm gonna have to be patient. Kind of regretting not getting the Zombicide crossover, but I don't have Zombicide, so...

Mine is 6 as well and I was honestly surprised at how much he enjoyed the game play video. If your kid likes the big monsters I'm pretty sure it's a winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:
Ghool wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:

Mine is 6 as well and I was honestly surprised at how much he enjoyed the game play video. If your kid likes the big monsters I'm pretty sure it's a winner.

Oh he does. I showed him the monsters from this game and from Deep Madness in trying to decide which one to get and he MUCH preferred the monsters from Massive Darkness. I actually wanted Deep Madness more myself, but Massive Darkness it was!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.