$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few newbie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I'm playing my first game of this game and I have two quick questions.

1. Can tribes appear in Persia while it is still Neutral?

2. When a tribe unit is eliminated in combat, does it go to the replaceable box or to the tribe box in the top right?

Thanks for any help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gebs99 wrote:
I'm playing my first game of this game and I have two quick questions.

1. Can tribes appear in Persia while it is still Neutral?

2. When a tribe unit is eliminated in combat, does it go to the replaceable box or to the tribe box in the top right?

Thanks for any help.


1. Yes. It may not move, however.

2. Replaceable box, just like any other replaceable unit. You can infer this from what happens when you spend RP on eliminated tribes (second bullet in 17.1.1.2); there would BE no eliminated tribes if they went back to the tribe box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
Thank you for your help.

One more question: When attacking as the Allies using a CC in the battle and the CP player chooses to withdraw, what LF is used to determine the winner of the battle? The original LF dealt or the one after the -1 reduction due to withdrawal? I'm wondering because that would alter whether the AP player gets to keep the CC or not.

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's the final LF (after -1 for withdrawal). Turkish Withdrawal is an important tactic, though it doesn't work if the CP have LCU present. If you look in to the fine points, it can be REALLY nasty if you have non-TU present, because they don't have to withdraw if the AP didn't win the battle!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
demoss1 wrote:
Yes. It may not move, however.

I believe you are wrong. 18.8.4.3, 2nd bullet says:

The CP Player may place tribes in Neutral Persia prior to the play of Persian Push or Secret Treaties, and these tribes may Activate for Movement or Combat.


Is there perhaps another rule that I'm missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NihonFan wrote:
demoss1 wrote:
Yes. It may not move, however.

I believe you are wrong. 18.8.4.3, 2nd bullet says:

The CP Player may place tribes in Neutral Persia prior to the play of Persian Push or Secret Treaties, and these tribes may Activate for Movement or Combat.


Is there perhaps another rule that I'm missing?


What edition of the rules is that from?

In the 5th errata (2011), which don't appear to be posted here but are on Consimworld (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd1025b/4691), there's this:

Quote:
18.8.5: Clarification. Tribes can be placed in Neutral Persia and Activated before Persian Neutrality is violated, but they may not move within or attack into Neutral Persia.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
demoss1 wrote:
NihonFan wrote:
demoss1 wrote:
Yes. It may not move, however.

I believe you are wrong. 18.8.4.3, 2nd bullet says:

The CP Player may place tribes in Neutral Persia prior to the play of Persian Push or Secret Treaties, and these tribes may Activate for Movement or Combat.


Is there perhaps another rule that I'm missing?


What edition of the rules is that from?

In the 5th errata (2011), which don't appear to be posted here but are on Consimworld (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd1025b/4691), there's this:

Quote:
18.8.5: Clarification. Tribes can be placed in Neutral Persia and Activated before Persian Neutrality is violated, but they may not move within or attack into Neutral Persia.


I had it wrong then. I was citing the August 2010 Living Rules. The clarification is also noted here at:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102354/official-errat...


The Consimworld link is too hard and obscure to find.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I found the opposite to be true - when I looked here, I only saw errata #4.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
If you go to the files section and you click Recent, Errata #5 is the second item on the list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Buslaev
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tribes can activate but can't move. Lawyer-style rule.
Is the point that the tribes can attack into regions across green lines?

Otherwise I don't understand the point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Bakhtiari in Isfahan could attack into Southern Persia for example. Not that this is likely to come up as in most games Persian Neutrality will be violated by turn 2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.