3 Posts

Yōkai Quest» Forums » General

Subject: What would you like to see in this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the gameplay video is on the verge of release, I figure I might try to start conversation to kill time. This is sort of a wishlist discussion. Seeing as how this game is still in its early stages of development with what seems to have plenty of wiggle room, I'd like to hear specifically what you'd like to see/expect from this game.

For me:

-Super quick setup
-Minimal fiddliness
-Actual character performing moves on ability cards
-Maintain simplistic mechanisms and leave complexity to the scenarios and monsters. I'd like to be able to teach this to a younger crowd
-PVP arena mode
-Stealth mechanics
-Exploding dice/crit system
-Allow a classic DM vs heroes

If you don't agree with some of my wants, that's perfectly fine! I'm not here to impose my wants on the campaign. I don't know how many of these are even viable to maintain a playable game. They are just some things I'm personally looking for in Yokai Quest. What about you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to see an option for character progression and linked-mission campaigns, where the outcome of one scenario affects something in the next one.

Oh and more awesome plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Can only second all of the above-mentioned requests!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.