Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Future Offensives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Has_hecho_trampas Has_hecho_trampas
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi!!

I've just been told about a player cannot play it's last card as a Future Offensive (FO). I thought that it was told about not playing the FO card as the last card. Which interpretation seems right?

The rules says:

B. Future Offensive Card During the Offensives Phase
A Strategy card cannot be played as a future offensive in the same
game turn in which it was designated as a Future Offensive card,
nor as the last card played by the owning player during an Offensives
Phase, either as an Offensive or a Reaction.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you have no more cards in hand, only a future offensive card face down on board, you cannot play that card, it must go to the next turn.

However, if you do not have any future offensive card on the board, and you have one card in your hand, you can designate that card as a future offensive card and place it on the board face down.

I believe, rules wise, this comes from the difference between "designate" and "play", where play means the card gives ops or event, and "designate" is only used for placing a card on the board face down as a future offensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Has_hecho_trampas wrote:
Hi!!

I've just been told about a player cannot play it's last card as a Future Offensive (FO). I thought that it was told about not playing the FO card as the last card. Which interpretation seems right?

The rules says:

B. Future Offensive Card During the Offensives Phase
A Strategy card cannot be played as a future offensive in the same
game turn in which it was designated as a Future Offensive card,
nor as the last card played by the owning player during an Offensives
Phase, either as an Offensive or a Reaction.

Cheers!

You can put down your last card as a Future Offensive.

You cannot play your current Future Offensive card if it is your last card (i.e., no other cards in your hand).

Once you put down a card as a Future Offensive, you cannot then play that card until your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.