Subject: Extra ammunition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra ammunition place 3 ammo token to FireArm asset.

1. Shotgun has 2 uses. Does the extra ammunicatin place 3 or 2 ammo to the shotgun. In real life if it is normal two barrells, it can hold only two ammo, but this is a game, so not sure.

2. If you have a FireArm that is full, can you add extra ammo to it by Ertra ammunition, or does the extra ammunition replase the old (unused) ammo. Aka you replase the Clip in the weapon.
(For example if you have .47 with 4 ammo, is it 4+3 or just 3 after reloading)

Grim rule would be grim again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the limitations you're suggesting would be thematic, the rules don't limit the amount of Uses tokens that can go on a card. So playing Shotgun and then Extra Ammunition leaves you with a Shotgun with 5 ammo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RM Jordan
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shotgun card shows a pump-action weapon. In real life the 870 magazine holds 4 shells in the magazine and you can load 1 into the ejection receiver and be ready to roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rmjordan wrote:
The Shotgun card shows a pump-action weapon. In real life the 870 magazine holds 4 shells in the magazine and you can load 1 into the ejection receiver and be ready to roll.

Other manufacturers have room for many more. It just depends on the model and manufacturer. But I digress...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ammo tokens are not necessarily meant to represent one bullet each, but more of an abstraction as to how many attack actions you will get with a weapon.

In the game, one action can represent a fairly long amount of time, like traveling between parts of a city, or conducting an investigation, so I think it makes sense that a single attack action could consist of squeezing off multiple rounds, reloading, ducking for cover etc. I see the extra ammo card representing more like stumbling upon a box of shells rather than taking the time to reload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, really? I've been playing that the max ammo is what's limited on the card. Extra ammo is suddenly looking like a better value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Just put the extra shotgun shells in your investigator's pockets. That's what I do when I'm hunting partridge (in real life) with my single-barrel shotgun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruffed grouse, yum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks! Tricker happy investigators Are warming up their museum cannons From the Thirty Years' War!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmjordan wrote:

Depending on the variant, it can be anywhere between 3 and 8 shells. But, as with the 1911 and .38, each ammo counter on the shotgun probably reflects multiple shots being fired, rather than that specific number of rounds loaded into the gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
1. Shotgun has 2 uses. Does the extra ammunicatin place 3 or 2 ammo to the shotgun. In real life if it is normal two barrells, it can hold only two ammo, but this is a game, so not sure.

On that note, when you use the action on the Shotgun, you're not using both ammo, just one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brg1007 wrote:
While the limitations you're suggesting would be thematic, the rules don't limit the amount of Uses tokens that can go on a card. So playing Shotgun and then Extra Ammunition leaves you with a Shotgun with 5 ammo.

I agree. Otherwise they would have called the card Reload. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.