United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
There are people talking about this game on ConsimWorld. Do I thought I would try to start a discussion here.

I about half way through the rules (there a lot of them, 64 page rule book) and so far I am impressed with the detail of the rules, but the number of player decisions are what really drew me in. I have heard this game is based on Victory Games (I) The Civil War but I haven't played it so I don't know the simularies.

Anyone else taken a look at his game, what are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Karl,

Yes, the same general design engine in The Civil War was used by Milan, then tweaked slightly to account for the slightly different tactics, units, etc. in the Franco-Prussian War.

I think the chatter is still low on this game because it will have a bit of a steep learning curve...so people are probably still reading and setting up, etc. and trying to grasp the different nuances of what they can (and can't) do.

I monitor here and CSW...so if you have questions, just ask and I'll try get an official answer posted.

-K (developer On To Paris!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
kbernatz wrote:
Hi Karl,

Yes, the same general design engine in The Civil War was used by Milan, then tweaked slightly to account for the slightly different tactics, units, etc. in the Franco-Prussian War.

I think the chatter is still low on this game because it will have a bit of a steep learning curve...so people are probably still reading and setting up, etc. and trying to grasp the different nuances of what they can (and can't) do.

I monitor here and CSW...so if you have questions, just ask and I'll try get an official answer posted.

-K (developer On To Paris!)

Thanks Kevin!

I will find some questions devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Horton
United States
River Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the 1st Minnesota game group up here in the Twin Cities will be diving into it tomorrow at our regular Friday get together. I'll be taking some photos and provide a bit of a recap.

Having gone through the rules twice now I can say, yes, there is a ton of nice detail. Luckily, the player aids are good and plentiful. They are a bit overwhelming at first since there are so many of them, but once you get the game organized and set up they help.... a lot.

I am looking forward to tomorrow quite a bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
rhorto01 wrote:
Well, the 1st Minnesota game group up here in the Twin Cities will be diving into it tomorrow at our regular Friday get together. I'll be taking some photos and provide a bit of a recap.

Having gone through the rules twice now I can say, yes, there is a ton of nice detail. Luckily, the player aids are good and plentiful. They are a bit overwhelming at first since there are so many of them, but once you get the game organized and set up they help.... a lot.

I am looking forward to tomorrow quite a bit!

I will be looking for your after action report, thanks for letting us know. I think this game is going to be worth the work to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job you guys did on this design. Just flabbergasted at the depth of the game. Hats off to the rules team as well - not that I'd call what I did a good measure of how well the rules were written had a few drinks the other night while reading, generally not a good idea), and still made 3/4s the way through the rules book while still understanding the concepts.

Would like to play sometime, but no idea when I'd muster an erstwhile opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.