Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME QUESTIONS HAVE MULTIPLE CORRECT ANSWERS. SELECT ALL THAT APPLY.

Poll
Test your knowledge of the Epic Card Game rules...
1. A player always wins the game when he/she
has no cards remaining in his/her deck.
has no cards in hand.
attempts to draw a card from an empty deck.
has 60 or more health.
2. Which of these are NOT zones in the game?
Hand
Supplemental Zone
Discard Pile
Banished Pile
In-play
Out-of-play
3. Which of these are NOT card types?
Creatures
Events
Tokens
Gods
4. Which of these attacks can be blocked by a Demon Token (4/4)?
An 8/8 champion with breakthrough
An airborne champion and a wolf token (2/2)
A wolf token (2/2) and an unblockable champion
An airborne champion and an unblockable champion
5. Your opponent attacks you with a 2/2 wolf token and an 8/8 champion with breakthrough. You block with a demon token (4/4). How much damage is dealt to you?
6. When you play a card with Recycle
the recycle trigger is optional.
cards recycled are placed on the bottom of your deck in a random order.
it can recycle itself as it resolves.
you must draw a card if you recycle.
7. You play Flash Fire. Your Ally abilities will trigger
only if the 0-cost option was selected.
only if the 1-cost option was selected.
no matter which option was selected.
never.
8. When a transform effect occurs,
it will affect unbanishable cards.
it will affect unbreakable cards.
if multiple cards are put on the bottom of a deck, they are randomized.
it may transform a token into the same type of token and that token will be considered deploying.
9. If a player plays a card, that player may reverse the action and retrieve all costs as long as
the player has gained no knowledge from the actions associated with playing that card.
the player has not revealed a card to his/her opponent.
the player has not passed initiative.
the player has not started another sequence of actions by playing a different card or using a different power.
10. If you have The Gudgeon in play and your lone opponent plays Thought Plucker, what happens?
Your opponent must target him/herself and so will discard a card then draw a card.
Your opponent will draw a card, but no one will discard a card.
Since you cannot be targeted, you will not discard a card and your opponent cannot draw a card either.
Your opponent will draw a card and you will discard a card, since Thought Plucker's Tribute does not target.
11. If you have The Gudgeon in play and your opponent damages you with an attack from Thought Plucker, what happens?
Your opponent must target him/herself and so will discard a card then draw a card.
Your opponent will draw a card, but no one will discard a card.
Since you cannot be targeted, you will not discard a card and your opponent cannot draw a card either.
Your opponent will draw a card and you will discard a card, since Thought Plucker's damage trigger does not target.
12. You and your opponent each have a Drinker of Blood in play. You are each at two health. Another champion is broken. What happens?
Whichever player's turn it is decides which order to apply the triggers, so that player will win.
Whichever player broke the champion decides which order to apply the triggers, so that player will win.
The triggers happen at the same time, so both players will still be at two health and the game will continue.
The triggers happen at the same time, so both players lose and the game is a draw.
      40 answers
Poll created by happyjosiah

Hopefully you all find this entertaining and enlightening. Good luck!

Cards mentioned are listed below for reference:

Ambush — Unblockable

Tribute → Target opponent discards a card and you draw a card.
When this card damages a player → That player discards a card and you draw a card.

(This card received clarifying errata on October 15th 2015.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun quiz some were quite tricky, not feeling certain in my responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
awwwww …21 of 22 correct answers!
and its my fault for misreading the answer I skipped over.
Guess it pays to slow down if the test isn't being timed.

This was a cool post, Josiah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you go over the blocking? Because I thought it would be 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Can you go over the blocking? Because I thought it would be 6.
Your opponent attacks you with a group of 2 champions, a 2/2 wolf token without breakthrough and an 8/8 champion with breakthrough.
You block with a demon token (4/4) and combat resolves.
To calculate, find the sum attack damage of all attacking champions with breakthrough (in this case, 8) minus sum defense of all blocking champions (in this case, 4).
8 breakthough damage - 4 blocker defense = 4 damage passed through to the defending player.

The wolf token does not have breakthrough. The wolf token does not contribute breakthrough damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
msg tools
Nice quiz, I am a fan of these edge case questions.

For question 12, I was thinking the current player's abilities resolve first and then everyone else's, so I went into the complete rules to check:

3.2.5a If there are multiple abilities triggered, all of these abilities will go into a batch. If an ability or abilities trigger and there is a batch that hasn't started resolving, the abilities are added to that batch. Otherwise all of these abilities go into a new batch. The abilities controlled by the player with Initiative are resolved first in an order of their choosing, then each other player (in a clockwise direction) resolves their in an order of their choosing.

Looks like I was wrong, the correct answer appears to be whoever has initiative when the champion is broken will resolve their Drinker of Blood trigger first. Since that trigger will reduce their opponent to 0 health ending the game, that opponent's trigger doesn't resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotOfficer wrote:
Nice quiz, I am a fan of these edge case questions.

For question 12, I was thinking the current player's abilities resolve first and then everyone else's, so I went into the complete rules to check:

3.2.5a If there are multiple abilities triggered, all of these abilities will go into a batch. If an ability or abilities trigger and there is a batch that hasn't started resolving, the abilities are added to that batch. Otherwise all of these abilities go into a new batch. The abilities controlled by the player with Initiative are resolved first in an order of their choosing, then each other player (in a clockwise direction) resolves their in an order of their choosing.

Looks like I was wrong, the correct answer appears to be whoever has initiative when the champion is broken will resolve their Drinker of Blood trigger first. Since that trigger will reduce their opponent to 0 health ending the game, that opponent's trigger doesn't resolve.

Veeeery interesting. That seems to contradict the actual rulebook. May need a ruling on this one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.