New South Wales
Here's the relevant rules quotes that show these answers to be correct:
RRG - Investigator Phase wrote:
• During the investigator phase, the investigators each take one turn
in the order of their choice.
• During an investigator’s turn, that investigator performs up to
• After all investigators have taken a turn, one of them presses the
end phase button in the bottom-right corner of the app to end
the investigator phase and proceed to the mythos phase.
RRG - Negates wrote:
A test declaration that includes the word “negates” following the skill
icon indicates that the test prevents Damage or Horror.
• For each success result rolled, the investigator prevents one
Damage or one Horror, his choice.
RRG - Test wrote:
Determine Dice Pool: The investigator determines the number of
dice he will roll. This number is his dice pool.
• He starts with the printed value of the skill being tested.
• He adds or subtracts the test modifier. A test modifier is a
number that follows the skill icon in the effect’s text preceded
by a plus sign (+) or a minus sign (–).
4: This one is proved by the lack of any rules quotes. Nothing in the entry on doors suggests they have a closed or open state. Hence, they don't. You don't need to try to read between the lines for the rules of this game.