14 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Late shipping? Anyone knows when we will have our package rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
I am one of the late pledgers. They said that this will not delay delivery but I heard that every package will be shipped at september 2017 and later.Is this true? Does anyone Know delivery dates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ODYNH wrote:
I am one of the late pledgers. They said that this will not delay delivery but I heard that every package will be shipped at september 2017 and later.Is this true? Does anyone Know delivery dates?

The KS page says April 2017. Unless CMoN has made an official announcement, it's all speculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wolfe
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the fact that they haven't even finished making everything yet, any answers you will get here are just wild speculation. It probably will get delayed, as most CMoN projects do, but you will get your game. Eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ODYNH wrote:

From who? Even the usual pessimists aren't going that far out with their delay guesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The suggestion by CMoN made before even the KS began was: that the APRIL 2017 delivery date had ALL the usual delays pre built in to the estimate.
They said they learned from previous experience and decided to give the REALISTIC timeframe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
The package will be delayed until January 2025 you heard it here first from an extremely credible source I mean I'm a BGG member would I lie? now go out and spread the word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard 2032 (Evil Grin)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak logan
Greece
flag msg tools
Actually I read it. I never said it was smth official. That is why I asked here, in order to check what other people know about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ODYNH wrote:
Actually I read it. I never said it was smth official. That is why I asked here, in order to check what other people know about this.

I still don't get it. It says right on the front page of their Kickstarter "Estimated Delivery April 2017."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
The suggestion by CMoN made before even the KS began was: that the APRIL 2017 delivery date had ALL the usual delays pre built in to the estimate.
They said they learned from previous experience and decided to give the REALISTIC timeframe.

I'll believe it when I get my package in april. Until then I will assume a delay of at least a couple of months. I suggest others employ the same frame of mind or you will likely be disappointed/frustrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueSwan wrote:
skritter wrote:

I'll believe it when I get my package in april. Until then I will assume a delay of at least a couple of months. I suggest others employ the same frame of mind or you will likely be disappointed/frustrated.

This is the attitude I take to all KS. CMON have stated they've put a realistic estimation on the delivery date because they have done so many but it is still at estimation so it is likely to be delayed beyond this. Anything that doesn't come straight from CMON is just speculation though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:
skritter wrote:

This is the attitude I take to all KS. CMON have stated they've put a realistic estimation on the delivery date because they have done so many but it is still at estimation so it is likely to be delayed beyond this. Anything that doesn't come straight from CMON is just speculation though.

Yes, and CMON didn't just earn experience with this now. They've done a gazillion kickstarters and as far as I know, they've basically all been at least somewhat delayed. So maybe they have learnt to be on schedule this time, or maybe not. I wouldn't bet on the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If KS has taught me anything, it has been: 1) Patience; and 2) The ship date is usually wrong. Out of the 25 or so projects I have backed, I can't think of a single one that made the ship date. Either some cards were printed wrong, miniature sculpts had imperfections, gremlins pooped in the boxes, yada, yada, yada. . .

That being said, with only one exception, I have been thoroughly pleased with the games once they got here. KS versions of games always have some neat exclusive content, as well as cool stretch goals (this game has an insane amount of the latter!). I backed Xenoshyft, from CMON, and if memory serves it was a couple of months late at least. However, the game was excellent, both in components and gameplay.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from KS (quite the contrary) - except those who have problems with immediate gratification issues. If ya gotta have it now, wait for the retail version to come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
If ya gotta have it now, wait...

That's quite funny.

The thing is, with retail, you often don't know about a game until shortly before it is released. With Kickstarter, you get to see it before it is properly developed. That's good and bad - I haven't KS'd this project, but I am following it, and I have already started saving up for the retail version. And I think I am as eager to see it hit the shelves as you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.