Subject: So what are the Conan players adding-on? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to back this with a God Pledge, but view that the extent of my buy-into this game with the exception of items Conan related. As far as I can tell there are only two items directly 'Conan-friendly'. Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Corinthia Expansion
-Thermopylae Battlefield

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wish there was an option to just buy THE BOARDS.

I'm not terribly interested in Pantheon itself, though it has a LOT going for it. Happy to see it cross over with Conan a bit. But I'd JUMP at a Boards-Only offering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going all in. It looks to be a lot of play value here and the minis should be fantastic based on the quality of the Conan ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was willing to spend more but currently I dropped my pledge and will be getting the same as you. Core, crossover, and board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing. Not a sausage. Bugger all.

They went and made the flying ape a GD KS exclusive. A Conan player who wants it has to throw in $150+ (pledge + shipping + Conan add-on) just to get it. I'm not backing this game on principle.

(OK, I don't think the game play looks all that special either. I'll admit it's very pretty and that's a LOT of plastic. But still.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
There are probably a few backers who will dive in for the Typhon pledge but sell of the Conan related material.

I'm debating this move myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel
France
flag msg tools
Well the crossover pack lets you play Conan with ALL THE CONTENT of the MB core box. So that means 4 (gorgeous) maps, and more than 30 minis to add to your Conan box. So you get scenarios on new boards that make Conan fights the hydra, cerberus, a minotaur, amazons, etc...
To me that is great value. Four new maps, big monsters, new heroes and villains. Even if you don't want to play MB, you could sell the SG (the SG have no Conan tiles), make a profit and keep the core box and the crossover as a big expansion just for Conan.

I backed Conan and I'm really happy with it. A friend in my gaming group backed MB, and I asked him to add to his pledge the KSE map for me. I intend to create some Conan scenarios on my own on that map.

So yeah it seems there is a lot of complaigning here and on the Conan KS comment section, but from my point of view, what you get if you're not interested in MB is a ton of new minis and boards that are compatible with Conan, plus a box of SG that will easily sell online. And a great winged ape cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sanchez
msg tools
To be fair it doesn't allow you to play with all the core box. Only one God is included (which is fine) and almost none of the stretch goals (which needs to be fixed).

I'm pledged a dollar on the hope they add more stuff to the pledge manager as they hinted at. The only reason they didn't add more Conan content beyond the spartoi skeleton (stretch goal) was a few overly vocal minority that cried incessively on the comments section. However QW stated several times they had created a lot of content already for Conan that included the stretch goals and may include this content as an addon purchase in the pledge manager but they are afraid of listing this content due to perceived backlash from the MB purists.

So considering that position I'm only pledging a dollar to access the pledge manager and not helping to unlock any more stretch goals, like the other 900 people only pledging $1. If all those $1 pledgers pledged at least $150 we would of unlocked another two stretch goals.

I should be however purchasing the core box, crossover, conan tile addons and maybe the Extra map during the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.