• [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
It would not make sense as you would be hitting mostly the other player, and he would be hitting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anyway you can try and see if it's satisfying enough fpor you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be getting my copy in a couple weeks, after it hits US retailers and Cardhaus can ship it. I will be working on a more involved bot variant. I posted about it on this forum shortly after the game was announced. Basically I plan on having a small hand of cards with action priorities that you turn over at random that will determine the bot's actions on its turn. If it leads to an attack then you will also have a small hand of cards with the bots priority of targeting.
With this I plan on being able to play with even 1 player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't begin to say how disappointing it is that this brilliant game doesn't work with 2 players. Everything I've read intrigues me but I'd mostly be playing it 2 player which obviously wasn't what the game was designed for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could give it a shot controlling one player with The Solo System.

If you have only 2 players and the bot from the rules, then you are both competing for damage on the bot and may try to kill the other player for an additional 9 points (then 6, 4, …) and some damage on the kill tracker board. I think that would lead to rather flat gameplay.

I haven't played the game yet, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shields
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about each player controlling 2 plus the bot? With the rule being no kill shots on your own peices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you mean like some kind of team deathmatch option.
Yeah i am in the same boat. Mostly 2-Player-Games here.
I guess i could always play something else instead, but it sure would be great for it to be at least good playable with just 2 "human" players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo G.F.
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrenaline as a 2 player game
Copy&Paste from something I posted on another thread.

Pabluzcu wrote:
Borghal wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:

Couldn't you play 2vs2 and have each player control 2 characters ?

That does not eliminate the issue of only one opponent to deal damage to. The area control element of the game is lost because with 2p there's only one person to control each area (= opponent's damage track). I suppose you could rule it so that your end score is the average of your two characters, but I don't think it would help much, you still wouldn't be fighting against an opponent for the kills, just attempting to balance it out evenly. With 2p it's just too zero sum.

I suppose you could do it by controlling 2 characters independently (i.e. have them shoot at each other too), emulating a 4p game.

Or maybe you could pull a "R.Knizia", and score it somewhat like Tigris&Euphrates or Samurai.

In a 2player game each player control 2 fighters, but your score at the end is just the one of the fighter you scored the lowest (so you have to pay attention to both your fighters having a good score)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo G.F.
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, pulling a Knizia wouldnt solve the reduced "player interaction", because a 2 player game will always give you just another person to interact with, but at least it increases "game competition", because you would be comparing scores against another player AND against yourself (your 2 fighters wouldnt be cooperating, but competing with each other)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bouatou
msg tools
Tried it and Nicola is right. 2 players makes no sense, adding a bot does not help, it's just back and forth one hitting the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T_S_R wrote:
Tried it and Nicola is right. 2 players makes no sense, adding a bot does not help, it's just back and forth one hitting the other.

I was thinking about adding a second bot, or controll 2 characters ... it could work

Anyway, thanks for your answers about flipping the boards. Many good points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
T_S_R wrote:

I was thinking about adding a second bot, or controll 2 characters ... it could work
Here Adrenaline 2 player variant and play through
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.