Subject: Tibus delivered a beatdown rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I got crushed in 3 turns. I was using the basic deck.

Start: Me-50 Tibus-40

Turn 1
Me - 4 coins
Tibus - Arkus (yellow), 8 damage +5 health
Result: Me-42 Tibus-45

Turn 2
Me - 3 coins, and 3 attack (does nothing because of Guard: 6)
Tibus - Robbery (blue), Deception (blue), Cron the Berserker (green), 13 damage and I discard 2
Result: Me-29 Tibus-45

Turn 3
Me - 3 coins
Tibus - Street Thug (blue), Life Drain (red), 9 damage +5 damage and scrap market. All 4 factions, so 15 additional damage. Total 29 damage
Result: Me-0 Tibus-45
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
I must admit that I love this challenge. I haven't had any games go as badly as that at the start but I've been beat down a few times.

What really surprises me in the solo mode is that I tend to do a lot better when I use 3 or 4 different colors.

I've tried focusing on one or two so I get the benefit of having no problem using ally abilities. Red seems to come up enough to clear the board and I could get the color or colors I wanted easily. Despite doing this I often seemed to lose.

When I started using three or four of the colors I did a lot better, despite almost never getting to use the ally abilities.

I really hope they release a "Guild Master" for yellow, red, and green to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this three times and probably never will again. Tossing a coin bears the same results and is less of a hassle to set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I tried this three times and probably never will again. Tossing a coin bears the same results and is less of a hassle to set up.

If you're having a hard time with Tibus, you might want to check this variant here by fellow user Suspence:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1687351/hero-realms-cha...

I've had a few games against Tibus with it and it is quite entertaining, plus you start with a little leverage which is helpful.

Sure, if you find yourself in the same position as the OP no starting hand will save you but luckily, the game is short enough that no feelings should be hurt after a sore beating like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

A coin that comes up heads(player victory) about 9 times out of 10.

EDIT: I just played two games vs tibus as the fighter. I lost the first with a score of -42 and won the second with a score of 42.

That'll teach me to talk smack about probability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

EDIT: I just played two games vs tibus as the fighter. I lost the first with a score of -42 and won the second with a score of 42.

Try that without a character pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of Tibus either because it's not a system based around player decision. It's more about having to deal with what's thrown at you (opposed to having to deal with what you throw at yourself).

Just wasn't engaging for me, but it's just a single card with a couple rules on it. I have much higher hopes for the Boss decks and Campaign deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
I'm not a fan of Tibus either because it's not a system based around player decision. It's more about having to deal with what's thrown at you (opposed to having to deal with what you throw at yourself).

Just wasn't engaging for me, but it's just a single card with a couple rules on it. I have much higher hopes for the Boss decks and Campaign deck.

I absolutely agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
mournful wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Try that without a character pack

Lol, that's a good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.