Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the good news is our games are safely in a warehouse in Germany.

The bad news is we have paid for the limited delivery option (aka when we are not busy we might consider posting your parcels!). (see post on kickstarter comments.)

Of course the fours weeks before Christmas is always a quiet time of year for the postal service and retailers.

In the meantime I suggest you sit back and watch,with envious joy, the un-boxing videos of Warfighter WW2 which is about as good as it going to get in the short term unless of course you live next to the warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DVG just posted on KS:
Dan Verssen Games 4-time creator 3 minutes ago
I have emailed the forwarder, and asked when he expects to start shipping EU games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HMSGannet wrote:
So the good news is our games are safely in a warehouse in Germany.

There is a WF WWII mission: Raid
And a Western Europe location: Warehouse

Hmmmm... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course its Dan I feel sorry for.................

No plan of attack survives contact with the enemy. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Report of delivery in Berlin from EU distributor!

And for down under - a report of arrival in NZ!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine today near Frankfurt, Germany
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
Received mine today near Frankfurt, Germany

Helmut,

Did you get a shipping notice or was it a complete (but nice) surprise?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Andrew,

yes, i got a shipping notice - was a surprise anyway, because i didn´t expect Warfighter to be delivered already

The Email-sender was "noreply@dhl.de", the mail was announcing a parcel from "UGG - Udo Grebe Game Design"

Everything was included (Sergeant-Level) and in good condition, except the Footlocker-Lid is a bit damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
Hey Andrew,

yes, i got a shipping notice - was a surprise anyway, because i didn´t expect Warfighter to be delivered already

The Email-sender was "noreply@dhl.de", the mail was announcing a parcel from "UGG - Udo Grebe Game Design"

Everything was included (Sergeant-Level) and in good condition, except the Footlocker-Lid is a bit damaged.

Helmut,

Mine arrived totally unannounced on Saturday, but without the two Footlockers I'd ordered. DVG customer service have stepped up and are sending direct from the US, so I'll probably have another surprise before Christmas

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kenny
msg tools
I know, $35 shipping for the limited service which is looking like several weeks from the EU warehouse.

Plus continuing radio silence from DVG....

Maybe we're all just spoilt by Amazon's customer obsession and service level but we put our money and faith into Kickstarter projects and I would expect them to return this with great customer service and quality/speedy delivery. It looks like the $35 shipping is a way of making extra cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt DVG makes any money out of postage and handling, especially were it involves a distributor (DGG in EU). In recent years postal and courier prices have hiked alot. I was looking at getting a $10 1/700 scale model ship on eBay and the postage was $35 from the U.S. ! surprise

On DVG "silence" - I'll ask what has been keeping them busy lately* - but from the above thread and others I understand that customerservice@dvg.com is being very responsive.

* apart from: customer service (including dealing with UGG), IAFL KS, New Website (DVG.com) preparing for 1500 and Sherman Leader KS, developing Wave 3 of Modern Warfighter, etc.

I volunteered to help with the WF WWII communication and rules support here and on the KS page - if I can be of any help - please PM me and I'll see what can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's just arrived! The shipping box looks big enough to hold my pre-order so hopefully nothings missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alcazar wrote:
Mine's just arrived! The shipping box looks big enough to hold my pre-order so hopefully nothings missing.

Don't keep us in suspense!

Open the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, Poland here. I received mine today and everything is in perfect condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted the following for the KS comments - it may be of interest!
-----

MiB Superbacker 1 day ago
Dear Kickstarter backers,
please let me introduce myself Udo Grebe from UGG a leading specialized distributor for boardgame wargames.
In Summer 2016 DVG asked us to ship out the kickstarter orders for Warfighter WWII and its 17 expansions. That effects about 350 backers from all over Europe with 5 Palettes of excellent DVG stuff.
UGG agreed to do so on the following terms: We ship with DHL which usually generates a tracking info to a customers mail address, but DHL is not UPS, that means this tracking info is not always working and UGG has no time to answer specific questions.
UGG has limited resources, we are a very small company and our own customers ALWAYS come first. UGG is a distributor and not a fulfillment company and we ship the backers only if we have the time.
In practise that worked as follows. In late November the DVG shipment came it, and we had time, for our own mass import from the USA was late. So we shipped about a quarter of the backers, but then our own import came with so many orders that we had no time for DVG shipping. We have shipped these orders now, and hope to continue the DVG backers soon (If not too many new orders from our own customers come in).
That is exactly the reason why we cannot answer questions, like when will my order be shipped. We work the DVG list in the order DVG made it as soon as possible. We simply do not know it, but we are confident to get the shipment done so that every backer has his Warfighter and expansions in time before Christmas.
Thank you for your patience.
Best Regards
Udo Grebe

----

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.