Conan» Forums » General

Subject: What expansions and add-ons would you like to see in the future? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
So far this game (KS version at least) has introduced most characters from REH stories, but not all key characters have appeared in this board game. What expansion and add-ons would you like to see in the future?

Personally, I really want an expansion/add-on based on The Hour of the Dragon story, including Xaltotun and Zenobia (Conan's queen). Maybe they can call it "The Aquilonia Expansion", or "The Hour of the Dragon expansion", or something like that. And it can offer a full campaign because The Hour of the Dragon is a novel-sized story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
Definitely only needs more scenarios. Probably with more consideration around letting people chose their hero (so all those kickstarter exclusive heroes can be used without alienating retail customers). Add to that scenarios that go with each expansion box (such as the witch hunters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sanchez
msg tools
Red nails would make a killer expansion box.

And although I know it's not canon and I don't know if they have the rights but an expansion based on the original Conan movie. This imho has the biggest mass market appeal. Just include thulsa doom (or lord doom of no rights) which is a half snake half man avatar of set, 2 body guards on with a hammer and one with a two handed sword, the core box already has a giant snake, and 10x archers firing snake arrows (poison), maybe some random set priests and set warriors and a large double sided map which includes a temple of set (great for elevation fights) on one side and a tower temple of set on the other with a snake pit and a small tower tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I still want my Valeria and my Zelata!!

Well, this is my opinion on the subject matter:

-Hour of the Dragon expansion is a MUST.

-Red Nails couldn't just be a "good" expansion, but a good theme for an ENTIRE NEW GAME!

-People of the Black Circle is one of my favorite fantasy stories of all time. I would like to see more of its characters in the game.

Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely we would see any of this. I realise that, despite having Patrice Louniet on board, it's obvious that the Monolith guys are bigger fans of Conan, the myth, than of Conan, the literary character. All of the scenarios in the game are sequels or re-inventions of the original Howard stories, instead of direct adaptations.

The game it's still awesome, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, the "Nordheim", "Stygia" and "Khitai" expansions should hit retail next year. And, if the game is successful enough, it wouldn't be so crazy to see an expansion based on the Millius movie... they could have legal issues with the likeness of the actors, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A winged ape.

Ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me also an expansion about the Masters of Yimsha (People of the Black Circle) about Conan's time as a hill chieftain of the Afghuli's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentdonald wrote:
For me also an expansion about the Masters of Yimsha (People of the Black Circle) about Conan's time as a hill chieftain of the Afghuli's.

+1 and some Turanians and Vendhyans too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hamilton
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I would like to see more interior maps (I'm excited about the coming Stygia expansion for that reason).

Many of Robert E Howard's Conan stories prominently feature temples/cities dedicated to dark/evil gods. I would really like to see an interior map that could represent some of those locations (Alkmeenon from Jewels of Gwahlur, Hanuman's temple from Shadows in Zamboula, the temple of Set from Hour of the Dragon, etc).

I would also second the vote for Turanians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lynch
msg tools
Turan would totally rock. I would also be happy with the Jewels of Gwalur, never mind the Tower of the Elephant/Shadizar...

Red Nails would be an outstanding expansion.

Hour of the Dragon would be a nice second edition stand alone, as it were.

Black Colossus is sort of there already. You just need the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.