9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Book keeping. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob Kaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I've read through a lot of the comments here and on the Kickstarter from current players and potential backers who have had some concerns about book keeping during the game.

http://kdm-manager.com/ & http://kdm-manager.blogspot.com/

This guy deserves a lot of props in my opinion. His manager is incredibly useful and he's very good at accepting ideas, thoughts, or criticism you may have about the manager. He puts out regular updates and improves it nearly every week. I've put it on my tablet and it is immensely helpful during solo play and even more so during group play.

I would certainly recommend to anyone having issues with book keeping (or folks who are just tired of buying pencils with erasers) to take a look at his manager. The developer listens and appreciates feedback and it really is a great tool to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
JakobBGG wrote:
So I've read through a lot of the comments here and on the Kickstarter from current players and potential backers who have had some concerns about book keeping during the game.

http://kdm-manager.com/ & http://kdm-manager.blogspot.com/

This guy deserves a lot of props in my opinion. His manager is incredibly useful and he's very good at accepting ideas, thoughts, or criticism you may have about the manager. He puts out regular updates and improves it nearly every week. I've put it on my tablet and it is immensely helpful during solo play and even more so during group play.

I would certainly recommend to anyone having issues with book keeping (or folks who are just tired of buying pencils with erasers) to take a look at his manager. The developer listens and appreciates feedback and it really is a great tool to use.

This is great. I think there's one on vibrant lantern too. I'm not certain, but I think it supports mobile browsers as well. It's all definitely more book keeping then your standard board game but probably less than a tabletop rpg, depending on how often your survivors die. I think it's a bit difficult for most board gamers to wrap their heads around this game. It takes the mechanics of RPGs, miniatures, board games and even video games and compresses it all into a single experience that's played out over like 50 hours of continuous story. There's definitely book keeping and there very well should be. Things like this are awesome because they make the game more approachable to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, that site's mobile support is still not good enough to actually use. I've been checking in on it occasionally because I'd really like to use it, but to be really useful it has to work 100% on mobile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
While it is handy, pencil and paper never runs out of battery power and can always be used with candles when the power goes out.

*Shrug* I like the traditional approach. Something satisfying about it. And, yeah, he's come a long way with that app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Lamination combined with wet and dry erase markers is my preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It was actually great with Man O'War
A bit less here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you that use paper, do you arrange 4 spots around the table like there is 4 players? How do you manage everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Those of you that use paper, do you arrange 4 spots around the table like there is 4 players? How do you manage everything.

I use laminated paper and dry erase. I just set my survivors in a row on the side of the table I sit at and set up settlement and hunt board stuffs on the actual game board when its time to use them. Works pretty well in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:

I have the 4 sheets side by side and slide across the two chairs I have on that side of the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.