Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Encounter card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the german version. On the elder vampire encounter card it says something like: "the hunter may become delayed to discard this card".

Who is deciding this ? Dracula or the hunter ?

What is the thematic explanation for clearing hideouts 4-6 on maturing vampires ?

How are revealed encounter cards handled which stay on the hideout like rats. When do they trigger again ? Why should hunters desire to move on this location again to trigger them ?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
I have the german version. On the elder vampire encounter card it says something like: "the hunter may become delayed to discard this card".

Who is deciding this ? Dracula or the hunter ?


It is the hunter's choice

Quote:
What is the thematic explanation for clearing hideouts 4-6 on maturing vampires ?


I don't know of a thematic reason, the gameplay reason is to prevent Dracula lining up a row of vampires that can be matured in quick succession.

Quote:
How are revealed encounter cards handled which stay on the hideout like rats. When do they trigger again ? Why should hunters desire to move on this location again to trigger them ?


They are triggered in the same way that they were previously triggered, that is by Dracula ambushing an arriving hunter or a hunter searching. In most cases the hunters would not wish to trigger them again, but maybe they need to move through the city on the way somewhere else or they may want to prevent the card from maturing (not the case with Rats, but certainly the case with a vampire).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
What is the thematic explanation for clearing hideouts 4-6 on maturing vampires?

One interpretation would be that a matured vampire raises not only Dracula's influence, but also the level of alert by Van Helsing's network of minor allies who make a quick, thorough sweep of all cities connected to the maturing site.

An opposite interpretation would be that Dracula himself takes steps to terminate other nearby activity in order to not bring such attention to his new sire.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.