$20.00
$60.00
Mustafa Tolga CORAPCI
Belgium
flag msg tools
I am not certain what happens in this case.

An atrophied promoted mutation flips normally. But in this case Mutation is not atrophied but the Parasite's diseased cube is. Additionally if it flips the remaining cube will not necessarily match the color of the unpromoted side.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't flip. It remains promoted. If the remaining cube is lost, however, the organism loses the mutation completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chris is right.

Think of it as if the diseased cube still belongs to the mutation card, but it has changed ownership, indicated by moving the cube to the parasite card. Whenever a cube from the currently visible + spot of a given mutation card is atrophied, the mutation is either lost or demoted. If the other cube is atrophied, the mutation is unaffected because the mutation in this case was a promoted mutation and the cube on the + spot prevents mutation demotion or loss.

EDIT: this might get a little confusing if the parasite stole cubes from different mutations, new mutations were added, promoted, demoted, and lost during the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolga CORAPCI
Belgium
flag msg tools

Thanks guys for the answer.

Can one of you indicate me where in the rulebook this is mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Living rules glossary under Atrophied Mutations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.