Subject: Future revamp? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Worthington

The revamp of Hold the Line seems to have gone well.

Do you have any plans to introduce minis and more scenarios into Frederick's War. It would be good to see a Russian army appear and French and British minis will already be available from the moulds used to produced the Hold the Line figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try the minis from Napoleon's War II: The Gates of Moscow, if you got a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aranubis
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did you try my custom scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
You could try the minis from Napoleon's War II: The Gates of Moscow, if you got a copy.

Hi Judd

I have got Naps War 1 & 2 and I have used the minis before now. I just wondered whether Worthington planned to launch another version of this game with a good many more scenarios.

I've bought into the Hold the Line revamp and as an add-on Worthington have produced Hessian and Highlander minis. I was surprised to see the Highlanders as they came out with Frederick's war and so got to wondering if Worthington planned to continue with another version of FW.

All the best
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those minis are originally from Viktory II & you can order them directly from the designer here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aranubis wrote:
Did you try my custom scenarios?

I haven't played them yet but I have printed off colour copies. I will be moving onto Frederick's war again soon and will give them a try.

Thank you very much for producing them.
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The figures from the "Risk" edition from a few years ago work perfectly.
Tricorne infantry, plenty of cavalry, and guns.

Only thing lacking is Grenadiers, and it wouldn't be hard to clip the tricornes on a few guys and glue something on the front for a miter grenadier.

These figures are small enough that two could be glued on a stand (those thin plastic bread-bag closer things work well, if you have nothing else) and four stands would make a nifty little unit.

They look great on the board. Put some Monopoly buildings in for towns and have a splendid little battlefield.

I think it would be a while before Plastic Soldier Company offered a KS campaign for a F's W new edition. Their catalog shows a full page for an upcoming Medieval game called "Arrowstorm," and toward the back of the catalog included in recent game releases there's a page listing upcoming stuff, including a Dark Ages version of "Arrowstorm" and what looks to be an upgrade of Worthington's "Victoria Cross" game (Zulu War).

That catalog actually left me quite excited for the next year or two's PSC games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David Groves wrote:
airjudden wrote:

Hi Judd

I have got Naps War 1 & 2 and I have used the minis before now. I just wondered whether Worthington planned to launch another version of this game with a good many more scenarios.

I've bought into the Hold the Line revamp and as an add-on Worthington have produced Hessian and Highlander minis. I was surprised to see the Highlanders as they came out with Frederick's war and so got to wondering if Worthington planned to continue with another version of FW.

All the best
Dave

Dave, I believe the HtL Highlanders are taken from uniform plates for the late F&I/AWI period. They're not quite right for the '45 (though they'd work for Government Highlanders).

To make Highlander figs from the Risk tricorne guys for Worthington's game, the easiest "quick fix" is to either use Testor's modeling putty, or the thick metal foil from a wine-bottle seal, or a combination of these, then paint the figure (or at least spray it to cover the conversion materials).

The foil can be easily cut with scissors and glued 'round the fig for a kilt, and the putty can be squeezed over the figure's shoulder for the rest of the "nine yards" of tartan material to represent the Highland garb of the period.

The putty is easy to work with--I've put pelisses on Risk Napoleonic cavalry to make "Hussars" with little effort. I recommend one of those dental tool-type pointed things (I see them in Hobby Lobby) to shape the putty while it's still soft. It hardens to a plastic-like finish and can be readily painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry

So the Highlanders should feature in some of the new AWI and F and I war scenarios rather than the highland scenarios from Highland Charge.

As for PSC catalogue was there any mention of the French expansion for the Great War.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Erin go Bragh! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Worthington has not mentioned anything to me so who knows at this point. If anything happens I will post about it on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.