Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian - I know that you check BGG regularly, and respond quickly; therefore I have two questions for you.

1. If I move a slave from Nashville (on a gray dotted line) to Ripley, Ohio (on the red slave catcher's path), does that trigger a response from the red slave catcher located in Chicago to move to Cincinnati (or does he respond only if I travel on a red path)?

2. Re: Opposition cards: In an earlier post you said that Opposition cards always take effect, but that the timing of their effect can be adjusted. Therefore,

Dred Scott Case - "this card can be purchased to be resolved earlier" means that this card can be purchased early in the queue, and it takes effect immediately upon purchase.

1850 Compromise - "this effect lasts until the card is removed from the queue. It can be purchased to be removed." Does this mean that I can buy this card early in the queue; and that the instructions listed on this card are in effect until I buy it.

Thank you, Brian; and as I previously mentioned, you have designed a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bob

1. It is not the path you travel but the space you finish. So if you stop movement in Ripley, which has a catcher's path attached to it, the corresponding catcher will move. In this case it is the orange/red catcher.

2. Opposition cards are two cases: either they take effect while they are in the queue, which means you have to suffer their effect until it is removed from the queue either by purchasing the card or when it flushes at the end of a round; or an opposition card effect happens when that card is removed from queue, you can sometime purchase the card to have some control over when the effect happens or it will happen when the card flushes from the queue which gives you some time to prepare for the event.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thank you, Brian (and it's also good to know that I have been playing it correctly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.