United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Designed for the Children's Game Design PNP Contest

Racing Game Category and Strategy Game Category

Critters Crossing is a race game for 2 - 4 players, ages 7+. 20 min play time.

Players race their Critters around a forest, first to cross the finish line with all five of his Critters, is declared the winner!!

Critters Crossing Board and Tiles :https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwW14y3UpobDdVFHVzlCbFcwZG...

Rules :https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwW14y3UpobDeXZhZ3FNb3phbz...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin T. Rancourt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Critters Crossing
I like it. Looks like a good abstract strategy game for kids, and the art for the critters is great. I'm curious to know how balanced it is, because just looking at the starting positions and thinking through the first few moves, it seems like player 1 is at a huge disadvantage, especially compared to player 4. I haven't played it yet, so maybe I am missing something there.

Also, do you have any plans to introduce special movement rules for the different critters? Seems natural to have the differences among animals influence more than just bonus moves for matching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsBeGood wrote:
I like it. Looks like a good abstract strategy game for kids, and the art for the critters is great. I'm curious to know how balanced it is, because just looking at the starting positions and thinking through the first few moves, it seems like player 1 is at a huge disadvantage, especially compared to player 4. I haven't played it yet, so maybe I am missing something there.

Also, do you have any plans to introduce special movement rules for the different critters? Seems natural to have the differences among animals influence more than just bonus moves for matching.

Thanks!

I played a few 3 player games with my girls, where I was the first player. I was surprised when I won one and came in second in another. The bonus moves help propel the game. The first game by the way was won by my 9 year as the second player.

As for special movement rules for the different critters, sounds like a cool idea, will give it some thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.