Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
April-Lyn C.
United States
Ventura
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy of this microgame from the BGG store and my copy came with a total of eight room tiles instead of the six listed on the rules. Also, one of the room tiles has a symbol the rules don't explain, a sort of three-headed arrow. What does this room type do?

Also, the optional variant for the black room numbers says that audacity can't be used. When using this variant, does this mean audacity would only be used on yellow/red rooms (that can only be moved onto with heads) and for resolving battles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Audacity is used to alter either "roll". So if I roll 4 heads and 1 tails, I can use either the 4 or the 1 to move. With audacity, I can bump either number up or down by one, so I could now move onto a room that is 2,3, or 5. Unless it was black. Now, if it were yellow/red, I could would not be able to use the tails number, but I still could use audacity. So, in my previous example, if the yellow/red was a 2, that would not work (I rolled 1 tails and I can't use tails to move onto yellow/red).

The designer has told me (via email or in an update - it was a long time ago) that you can either add all new expansions of the tiles for a really long/difficult game, or you can select 4 out of the remaining tiles after you have excluded start and escape tiles.

The three-headed arrow is answered by Kickstarter project update #14:

Audacity Room Tile Space:
(The Room Space with the Sand Color and the Arrow-Looking Symbol)

Rule: When you are adjacent to that tile, on your turn, when you roll the pennies to move, you may move on to that space using any number rolled. That space is safe and the Boss Monster may not move on to that space. Also, you gain +1 Audacity token for moving to that space. (You may only gain the +1 Audacity Bonus ONCE PER GAME). (And Yes both players may go on that space at the same time and each player may gain the +1 Audacity bonus once per game)

Edit: Quick note from the update comments - battles between players for the grail can occur here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Jarad!

Thanks so much for your help here and support!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.