Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Tournament rules for miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaun Abbas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Will rebasing my minatures with 25mm bases make them illegal for tournament play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCloskey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is in the tournament faq on fantasy flight games website. It says on pg 4 of the tournament faq "Players cannot modify model bases to alter their size or shape." So rebasing the miniature will cause it to be illegal for say regionals, nationals or worlds tournaments. Local store tournaments it may be legal. Depends on the tournament organizer. So read the faq and check with the tournament organizer to see if it would be ok. I have two core sets and multiple figures of the uniques. Meaning Vader, Luke, and others. I will rebase the second set and will carry both sets that way if one won't be legal I will have the back up set. You have to decide if you are going to be doing a lot of tournaments or just casual store tournaments. So something to think about.

Here is the link
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/9b/12...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason why this is important in a Grid based game?

I could understand for Armada but IA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps if someone were to make their figure that used to be a 1x1 base now a 2x1 base or the reverse of that. I would presume it would be obvious when a modification is done like that, but for sake of proper play I can understand the ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they already on 25mm bases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I think the rules should accommodate any bases that take up the same shape and number of grids as the original figure- but hey, I guess this keeps it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says the altering cannot change their shape or size. So as long as the new 'clear' base is the same size as the old one, then you aren't breaking the rules.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.