Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Under location 2, it says that if the person you give a banana to has only 1 other card in hand, they give you just that one (even though you are owed 2). That part is clear to me.

Then the rules say that if you go to this location and don't have a banana to give, then you just draw a card. Also clear.

Question 1: What if the other player doesn't even have a single card in their hand when you take this action? Are you still allowed to draw a card? Or do you just give them the banana and take nothing back in return. The first rule (that they don't have to give you 2 if they only have 1, leads me to wonder if they don't have to give you any at all, if they only have 0).

Under location 3, can you perform this action if the other person only has 2 cards in their hand to give back to you?

Under Location 2 it suggest that you can sometimes perform an action if the other player can't fully complete it. I assumed that was the case for all similar actions. However, in the clarification text of the glossary for location 3 it says "if all other players have less than 3 fruits" then you can't take this action, and have to just draw a single card from the deck.

This seems to imply you're never allowed to perform this action with a player with less than 3 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney, that is a great question concerning the banana. It seems that if you choose that action and you meet your part, if the other player has no cards in hand, you would get nothing in return.

With location 3, the card glossary says....if all other players have less than 3 fruits, you only draw 1 card and do not exchange fruits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I would posit that you just draw a card. You can't complete the action listed which requires 2 people to complete -- one to have a banana, the other to have 2 cards to give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
1. I would posit that you just draw a card. You can't complete the action listed which requires 2 people to complete -- one to have a banana, the other to have 2 cards to give.

Well, maybe. But it specifies what happens if they have only one card (they can't complete the action of giving you 2, but still give you that one) and what happens if you don't have a banana (you draw one card). It seems odd not to specify what happens if the other player has no cards.

I'd guess that they just give you nothing (so you should pick a player with cards or else another action if possible) but that's just my gut feeling. I think this could really do with being clarified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.