Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven S.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

first of all, this thread is not Kickstarter related
I need some advice from owners of the LK expansion.

The Lion Knight expansion is one of the fews I don't own, but I know it contains the setcards for the crossover sets (dancer, brawler, warlord).
Did they are specific for use in the lion Knight expansion? Is something mentioned in the expansion rulebook, or are you using it in your other campaigns, too?
I'm asking, because I like the idea of putting a set together from different monsters and I'm considering using it, even without owning the expansion itself.

Greetings,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to follow the rules, you have to buy those at the LK retinue caravan, so yes, you need LK to use those.

If you just want to houserule that, you can just start add the cards to your armor sets and see what happens. You will discount the cost in resources for buying the set, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven S.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your fast answer!
I want to follow the rules, so I think I still need the LK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain what the crossover sets are? I am considering buying the Lion Knight so the more information I have the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Can someone explain what the crossover sets are? I am considering buying the Lion Knight so the more information I have the better.

3 specific sets of mixed armor that get bonuses like the complete armor sets do and set all the items in the set to have a specific armour value between 3 and 5 depending on set.

Brawler Armor is Skull Helm, Lion Gauntlets and Cloak, Phoenix Faulds and Greaves (Skull Helm becomes indestructable.) Armour Ability is mostly to Fists & Teeth

Dancer Armor is Phoenix Helm, Screaming Bracers, Rawhide Vest, Leather Skirts and Boots. Armour Ability is movement bonuses

Warlord Armor is Screaming Horns, Leather Bracers, Phoenix Plackard, Lantern Mail and Lantern Greaves. Armour ability is Axes and Critical bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am confused as I don't own the base game yet. Are you saying you get parts of each set from different expansions? If so, what expansions would I need along with the Lion Knight to craft those items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
No other expansion, all items come from core game. They simply are from different sets (one armor set = all pieces of armor of a kind, let's say made of "a material").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
I guess I am confused as I don't own the base game yet. Are you saying you get parts of each set from different expansions? If so, what expansions would I need along with the Lion Knight to craft those items?

all the monsters that makeup the armor sets for these crossover sets come from the core game, namely the white lion, phoenix, screaming antilope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get a bonus for having all pieces of a set?

Also do you only use these particular cards when the Lion Knight is actually part of your campaign? Not sure how expansions work yet I.e. do they have some cards you add to your core set whether or not you use that expansion or do you only use cards from an expansion if you insert that expansion in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Do you get a bonus for having all pieces of a set?

Yes, each of the Armor types has bonuses for having a complete set, White Lion Armour gives you a Pounce ability for example. You can however substitute the Manhunters Hat for any required piece of Head Gear.

Is an example of a character who's got a complete set of Rawhide and the appropriate armour bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.