Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and $250 during the PM for the "all in." Any issues with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for it man, I'm already all in - done, but love to see more minis unlocked.
My first Kickstater, this is pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on! Let's do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:

None at all. DO IT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've pledged as much as I can right now which is the $99. However, I'm hoping I can save up enough on the side between when the kickstarter ends and when they release the Pledge Manager that will allow me to grab everything else.

Never heard of this game before till someone linked it on the Kingdom Death Monster subreddit and after looking at all the minis and what not, I was interested and the OCD completionist in me is yelling at me to make sure I get all of this. So here's hoping I can get it all!

Also, Mike, since this is your first Kickstarter, just letting you know it will take a while for you to get it. Even though they are estimating delivery of December next year, you'll be better off adding about 2 or 3 months to that. I've done several kickstarters and most if not all of the ones I've backed run later than they expect, especially when this many minis gets unlocked. If you got the patience though, you'll love every bit you get (kinda like how I am with my Zombicide Black Plague and the insane amount of goodies are there with that game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Threw $99 on to secure a spot. I'm 90% that I will do the Typhon bundle as well. I have the $99 Conan KS package so this is a nice value-add to that (and helps me justify it in my mind to my wife when I tell her meeple )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it's a good game, but I cancelled my Kingdom Death for Mystic Battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've already got Kingdom Death and its amazing! Easily one of my favorite games (even though I've only played it solo). That game is an experience. That being said, I'm still backing the Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 to get the new rule book and a couple of other extra goodies.

As cool as the minis are in Mythic Battles, they still aren't the same as the ones in Kingdom Death. Although you do have to build the ones in Kingdom Death yourself...but hey, its all good.

However, we will see how the campaign goes for Kingdom Death and if I need to, I may pass up the new stuff so that I can drop more money on Mythic Battles. This game has really set off a huge interest I have in Greek/Roman mythology. I actually went and used some credit I have at a nearby book store and picked up a great Greek Mythology book so that I can read up on all the Gods, Heroes, and monsters that are gonna be in the game (more so than the ones I already knew about, didn't realize Chronos was Zeus' dad and Chronos tried to eat him when he was little....hah)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Dragonier
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if I Can just pledge 1$ now and pledge the rest later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanruyn wrote:
This game has really set off a huge interest I have in Greek/Roman mythology. I actually went and used some credit I have at a nearby book store and picked up a great Greek Mythology book so that I can read up on all the Gods, Heroes, and monsters that are gonna be in the game (more so than the ones I already knew about, didn't realize Chronos was Zeus' dad and Chronos tried to eat him when he was little....hah)

You have a huge interest in Greek Mythology and didn't know Kronos fathered Zeus? You should play God of War then, that's what any respectable historian would do!

EDIT: err, historian? What about Mythologian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Geoff wrote:
vanruyn wrote:
This game has really set off a huge interest I have in Greek/Roman mythology. I actually went and used some credit I have at a nearby book store and picked up a great Greek Mythology book so that I can read up on all the Gods, Heroes, and monsters that are gonna be in the game (more so than the ones I already knew about, didn't realize Chronos was Zeus' dad and Chronos tried to eat him when he was little....hah)

You have a huge interest in Greek Mythology and didn't know Kronos fathered Zeus? You should play God of War then, that's what any respectable historian would do!

EDIT: err, historian? What about Mythologian?

I played the first one and it was alright. Don't remember much but at the same time, I thought that game took a lot of liberties with the material. Also. Kratos was to....angry through the game for me to enjoy the character.

It's not so much the the father thing that caught me off guard, it was more of Chronos eating him (but at a rock instead without knowing) to prevent Zeus from dethroning him like he did his father Uranus. I've been enjoying this book so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would like to know, can I pledge $1 now and still get the $998 God pledge later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
I too would like to know, can I pledge $1 now and still get the $99 God pledge later?

Yes you can! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
You sure can! But if you pledge more then We can have more SG unlock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@Mike+@Josh: I'm not sure how the 'traditional' Kickstarter delays will affect this campaign, but it's prudent to factor them in. I get the feeling they learned/were taught a few lessons from their Conan campaign and I think the year's wait is a good thing. It'll be frustrating tho, especially as my nephews are about the right kind of age to be introduced to Greek mythology. But I haven't yet had one board game deliver 'on time'. I'm still waiting on one [one of the very first things I backed] from over a year ago. That said however, a usual lag of 12 weeks [or more] has been my typical experience.

@Elliot: I know how you feel. I missed the first KD:M Kickstarter ... promised myself if it came around again I would back it as much as my cough cough budget cough cough would allow. It arrived a couple of weeks too late, but I reckon I can still swing it - if I wait until this PM to buy stuff [I guess that's the advantage of being on a weekly salary].

@Geoff: I think mythologist is correct, but I cannot help thinking maybe it's actually a classicist, given that a lot of the mythology is tied into the canon of literature?? Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
eharding wrote:

No issue with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
canceling KD is a bad choice... KD is Art. ..Mythic Battles is just another game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:
canceling KD is a bad choice... KD is Art. ..Mythic Battles is just another game...

If he wants to buy a game, then he is doing the right thing? Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.