5 Posts

Touria» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you HAVE to go to the chapel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryon Triplett
msg tools
mb
If you have collected 7 hearts and 7 coins, do you HAVE to go to the chapel on your next turn? Or can you continue to cruise around collecting things to hopefully help when opening doors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you have to.
rulebook page 15, under 'End of the game' wrote:
As soon as you have collected 7 hearts and 7 gold coins and have no black gems behind your screen, you return to the castle on your next turn.
There's no saying that you can or may wait a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pfob
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my knowledge (and the way we played the game so far), you can opt to collect further treasures in order to be better equipped for the castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Murtaugh
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree with Benjamin. It seems contrary to the spirit of the game to force players to have to go to the chapel as soon as they have met the requirements. What is to stop players from simply NOT doing so? After all, hearts, gold coins, and gems are all hidden knowledge.

Also, it allows for players to tailor the game more to their tastes. Do I want to take the risk with what I have or do I want to try to mitigate the end game "luck" factor by collecting more items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with Dirk because the rules are pretty clear, that as soon as you collect 7 and 7 you return to the castle. If a player wants to collect more resources before going to the castle he can always wait to collect the 7th item he needs at the very end, when he is ready to go to the castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.