5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Klingon Civil War coming up... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Fowler
Canada
flag msg tools
The place I go to has announced this is a 90pt scenario. I plan on using at least one Klingon ship (aside from the starter set's attack cruiser I have Chang's bop and one b'rel class ship), I'm thinking of including my Ferengi marauder just because I haven't used it yet- any good captain/upgrade suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Martok-8/anyone, his extra action to a captain with lower skill than him is a given in any general Klingon build.

If you have the + captain skill Worf (i cant remember what ship he is from) you can boost Martok up to skill 11 and make sure anyone is a viable target for his extra action. Sadly you need the Negh'Var for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Kreechta (22)
Bractor (3)
Marauder (2)
Missile Launchers (3)
Total (30)

You could also go for photons for a 32SP ship or use DS9 Quark for a 29SP ship. Stick with the Missile Launchers if permacloak is common at your venue.

With the torps, you can finish off a wounded target pretty easily. Especially as you throw 6 dice if they have APT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of the Lash wrote:
The place I go to has announced this is a 90pt scenario. I plan on using at least one Klingon ship (aside from the starter set's attack cruiser I have Chang's bop and one b'rel class ship), I'm thinking of including my Ferengi marauder just because I haven't used it yet- any good captain/upgrade suggestions?
are they doing a 'blind' with that 90 points? that's what our FLAGS has been doing with all the storyline tournaments. been a lot of fun. last tournament (K.Civil part I) I pulled the last ship I needed to complete the set, the Marauder! cool ship now I get to start getting doubles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
Which one are you playing? The first? What is the name of your other B'Rel and Ferengi ship?

If you have or can broww it I highly recommend the Ch'Tang with Gowron from the IKS Drovona. The ship's ability is that when attacking while cloaked you can reroll any of your dice. While Gowron gives you a Battlestation and 1 Free action from your Action bar, if he is on a Klingon ship.

I use him to Battlestation and Cloak or if I already am cloaked I can echo. if my hull is damaged and I don't want to be cloaked then I just Target Lock.

Another very effictive combo that is light on points is either a Generic Vor'Cha or Neg'Var if you have the points with Worf 5 who allows the reroll of blanks with Drex/NGaren as a crew.

http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/index.html#eyJzaGlwcyI6...

For 90SP I find this to be fun to use. Remember each Klingon ship saves you 2SP so you can get away with a 96 point build.

http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/index.html#eyJzaGlwcyI6...

Same idea only in the initial joust, use Martok to allow the Neg'Var to perform both Once More into the Breach and Drex's/NGaren's ability. Martok will usually always do Gowron's Fleet Action and Kor is there just to drew as much fire as he can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.