Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't fully understand the example on page 27 of the rule back.
It says that with one command the player initiates warp. Then with another command to exit warp. How is it that the ship is able to move one space when no warp tokens have accumulated? Or does the original warp token used to initiate warp count towards the total of accumulated warp tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
When a ship or fleet enters warp it receives one warp token. You can use extra commands to give it more warp tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

candoo wrote:
Or does the original warp token used to initiate warp count towards the total of accumulated warp tokens?

Yes.

To add to Todd's reply, above:

Remember that it doesn't cost a Warp Token to exit Warp. It costs a Command to exit Warp. From page 11 of the Rulebook:
"To have a Ship at Warp Exit Warp, Exhaust a Command."

That same paragraph goes on to say that a ship at Warp may move through a number of systems equal to the Warp Tokens accumulated,... which brings to mind that the first Warp Token placed next to a ship when it entered Warp counts as "accumulated". This is reinforced by this quote from page 11, which also serves to answer the rest of your question:

"Ships will accumulate additional Warp Tokens at the end of each Game Round, or by spending additional Commands."
(bold is mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. For some reason, I didn't think the original warp token was counted. Only the accumulated ones. You've cleared that up for me.

Overall, I have found the rule book opaque at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when counting warp icons for warp movement, you count the warp token placed to enter the ship into warp. Any other warp tokens that you have placed either by spending additional command counters or through the refresh stage, and any warp icons on your completed research projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes.

That first Warp Token you place when entering Warp allows you to move to one System away. That's the idea (one System per Token). I.e., if you accumulate a 2nd Token, then you can move to two Systems away, and so on.

But remember that your movement ends (no matter how many Tokens you may've accumulated) when you enter a New System.

Reference: Pages 11 & 27, Rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, i meld the warp count & command count confusing my brain when moving wow

one command to enter movement [get free warp]
- one command to exit movement [ no free warp]
- one warp token for every extra system i move.

one command per warp token to move another system or space lane , if needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.