Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the Wildfires in Tennessee that reminded me I needed to pick this up.

I just happened to have some leftover birthday money in my PayPal account that needed a good home.

Glad to be part of the crew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! Did you order the new edition from Kerry and (the Microgame Design Group) or did you find a secondhand copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered directly from MDG ... $30 mailed is a very good value for a game these days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotta be fresh
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey, you're touching my face...
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy. I've only played the first scenario a few times, but I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
I ordered directly from MDG ... $30 mailed is a very good value for a game these days!
I think it was $30 for the game, $6 for shipping a while back. Maybe a promo on the shipping/price?

Regardless, well worth it at either price in my opinion. You should get it quickly. I've had a couple packages from MDG and they've both arrived quite promptly after placing the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I double checked and the order page and it states that all prices include shipping! Woohoo! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

I am very excited about giving this a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Anderson
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, Rob, your game was sent yesterday.

As indicated the $30 price includes postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A thousand thanks Kerry! Looking forward to playing this during my "down" time over the Holiday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... there was a long delay before I finally found time to give this a go. It took me a bit longer because I (being a little OCD) had to scan / mount the boards (only one so far) and scan/create counters (so as to leave the originals untouched); all of this added a few weeks to the delay.

That said I finally played two games. The first was a learning game which I'm sure I got plenty wrong and then a real first play.

This is an amazing solo game and has shown me that my place behind a computer screen is far safer for the public than out in the field managing a fire fighting crew.

I'm going to try to document my next session to see if the flow I have is correct (hopefully I'm wrong or I'm woefully inept ) and to maybe help anyone else who might stumble here wondering if they should play.

I have a couple of questions:
- If I purchase emergency (non-jumper) crews must they come from a road entry point or may they enter in at a suburban hex?
- When setting up and placing crews in suburban hexes: On turns that there is no ignition may they move and start digging lines?
- When using skimmers or tankers to lay lines can they also be used to extinguish a fire instead or is this only a crew action?
- In Scenario #1 (or any single ignition), is it possible to never have an ignition if I never roll a 6?
- Why is it that the game seems to know what I'm planning and thwarting my efforts (this is rhetorical ... but, WHY? cry )

Thanks for a wonderful game Kerry! It's well worth the price of admission.

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Anderson
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
- If I purchase emergency (non-jumper) crews must they come from a road entry point or may they enter in at a suburban hex?

You may have got me here. There is no stated arrival point for emergency resources. On the other hand, movement along the roads is unlimited so unless the urban hex is cut off, the question is somewhat moot. I would say that they have to arrive from off-map.

- When setting up and placing crews in suburban hexes: On turns that there is no ignition may they move and start digging lines?

That seems a bit brutal putting resources to work before there is a fire. Again, not stated but in this case I'd say no.

- When using skimmers or tankers to lay lines can they also be used to extinguish a fire instead or is this only a crew action?

Sure. Rule 8.4 talks of resources in general. It later states "Appropriate movement costs are expended by crews and bulldozers for line building to extinguish the fire" only because they have movement allowances

- In Scenario #1 (or any single ignition), is it possible to never have an ignition if I never roll a 6?

Sure. Fires don't naturally start *every* day. If you don't like that rule, simply roll a die and the fire occurs at that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.