$30.00
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Julius Caesar, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
So I choose Lonsdale (British squad) and it comes with 2 PIAT rockets. Does that mean I should also have the PIAT Rocket Launcher card with the squad (for reference) (1 load out) ... and if so, does that load out point count towards my total Mission load out?

Also, is a grenade card (1 load out) that say it holds five grenades = 1 load out or "x" load out, where "x" is the number of grenades the soldier takes?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
So I choose Lonsdale (British squad) and it comes with 2 PIAT rockets. Does that mean I should also have the PIAT Rocket Launcher card with the squad (for reference) (1 load out) ... and if so, does that load out point count towards my total Mission load out?

Also, is a grenade card (1 load out) that say it holds five grenades = 1 load out or "x" load out, where "x" is the number of grenades the soldier takes?

Thanks.

The squadie is lugging about 2 PIAT bombs - but no PIAT to launch them. He can give those bombs to someone with a PIAT for that person to use.

Each grenade cost 1 LO to carry, in WF SF you were limited to 4 grenades max - in WW2 it is 5 unless you have gear that allows more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Julius Caesar, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget - you only need to worry about LO for each player soldier, since you cannot buy gear for NPS or SQ, who come with what they come with.

However - if an Non Player Soldier or Squad Soldier has an ammo box - you could fill that with ammo counters (of weapons the NPS/SQ has)

Edit - just check my development notes - ammo box for NPS/SQS caused too many rules problems, effectively PS only item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
He can give those bombs to someone with a PIAT for that person to use.

According to the rules a Squad Soldier is not allowed to do so.

See p. 15 under Weapon Ammo: "As long as the Ammo type is the same, you can freely pass Ammo counters between Player and Non-Player Soldiers in the same Location card during the Soldier Turn."

Squad Soldiers are not mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
How would a Squad soldier even have an ammo box? They don't get equipment cards, don't use ammo counters and I don't believe they are permitted to pick up dropped or downed equipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially some Squad soldiers were designed to lug ammo.

I'll check the cards and rules later today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For example, US Squad Soldier Fielding is equipped with 2 counters of .30-06 Ammo.

This makes sense only, if Squad Soldiers are allowed to pass ammo too. This is an errata to the rules on p. 15, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one for the FAQ

There was to be an addition paragraph that would have allowed a Squad Soldier to transfer ammunition* to a Player Soldier or Non Player Soldier that could use that ammunition.

e.g. Squad soldiers with Ammunition (including Rockets and Grenades*)
W-12 Owens - 1 Mk2 Grenade
5-20 Fielding - 2 counters of .30-06 ammo
5-26 Richter - 2 Model 24 Grenades
7-10 Lonsdale - 2 PIAT Rockets
8-11 Ohrloff - 2 7.92 Ammo counters
12-12 Ewy - 2 wz. 33 grenades

But not Squad soldiers with Equipment - e.g.
2-17 Ward - Breaching Charge

*I'll confirm with DVG if ammunition included Grenades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.