Hide
4 Posts

Hounded» Forums » Rules

Subject: Possible to force a draw? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quentin Coldwater
msg tools
As far as I can tell, this game can end in a draw if the Master of Hounds sits adjacent to (or on top of) more than 6 unturned tiles that happen to include one or more Time Tile.

In this scenario, until the Master of Hounds moves, it's impossible for the Fox to win since they can't get to 43 tiles or all 3 time tiles.
Am I misreading the rules or is there some subtlety I'm not getting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Tidball
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Hunting Party is required to move three pieces on their turn, I'm not sure it's possible for them to camp on six unturned tiles indefinitely.

Even if they can somehow figure out how to do that, I think that this is also addressed by turn timing: The Fox wins immediately upon flipping the 42nd tile, but doesn't lose until ending a turn adjacent to the Master of Hounds. That is, I think the Fox's victory occurs on that turn before the Fox's loss, if both conditions arise simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Geppert

Illinois
msg tools
It's possible.

The bulldog, hound, and terrier
are going in circles with the fox. Two hounds staying on two unflipped tiles while the master of hounds makes it so fox can't end turn on 5 other unoccupied un flipped tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Bohaty

Minnesota
msg tools
Hi Quentin and Jed!

We've just posted a clarification of the "6 tiles" rule which will end stalemates, as the rule intended but wasn't clear on in the first printing of the rulebook.

http://www.atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG1380faq.php

From the Atlas Games Hounded FAQ:

The fox wins when there are six or fewer safe, face-down tiles remaining. "Safe" excludes both occupied tiles and tiles under the Master of Hounds' area of effect. That means that the Hunting Party needs to keep moving or they will lose.

Hope this answers your question! Happy hunting!
Clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.